Diouf heads out on loan

Rovers have swooped to secure a loan deal for Manchester United’s highly-rated young striker Mame Biram Diouf. The Senegalese international arrives on a season-long deal at Ewood Park.

via Blackburn Rovers Official Site.

I had a look at their squad and it looks a bit thin in the strikers department. Hopefully he gets a fair share of games. A season-long loan deal is probably good for him because on evidence of his pre-season performances he’s not going to get a nod ahead of Rooney, Berbatov, Owen and Hernandez. Even so, Macheda would be ahead of him in the pecking order.

August 14, 2010 at 12:58 pm

@Owen: Based on what? Source? Or is it just guessing as Bremen have a Champs League qualifier?

August 14, 2010 at 1:01 pm

@Grognard: Whatever, man! I don’t care what Ozil has achieved and can do because he is not a United player. I am much more interesting in our own players. I am hoping that our youngsters can become better than 1-season+U21+3-game wonder Ozil after this season. Chicharito has been very impressive so far and Smallings has done little wrong in my eyes. We know nothing of Bebe so all the insults are uncalled for, in my opinion – I think I read somewhere that he scored 40 goals in 5 matches πŸ˜† .

I am a football fan and will focus on football and cheer on my favorite team and players. I will be cheering on every United player from Anderson to Welbeck and I think our team can compete this season and next.

@Owen: gimme source… or you speak rubbish.

Glory glory Man United!

August 14, 2010 at 1:21 pm

What a Match.Super.

Bale is the best young player in the World and Hart is a monster.

August 14, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Mourinho has stated publicly he had an offer turned down for Ozil. So it does sound a lot like Werder have decided to hold out for a big fee in the hope of sparking an auction even if it means risking losing him for nothing next summer.

Im pissed we missed out on Gareth Bale. He is a beast for Tottenham and the true heir to Ryan Giggs. Absolutely fantastic player. Far too good for Tottenham.

August 14, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Barca are out of the Ozil race, twitter leads me to believe they’ve just signed Mascherano from Liverpool for Β£15mil and Hleb.

August 14, 2010 at 1:37 pm

@Traverse: Believe me.Ozil is on his way to United .

7. Gabriel

August 14, 2010 at 1:56 pm

@colver: ..but will Bale have become as good with us?! Seeing as Giggs, Nani and Ronaldo then were playing all the time? Besides, he is playing Left mid now, given our personel in that area, he would have been playing LB for us and prob’ly be sucking as he did for tottenham in that position.

That’s the problem with young players and teams like United, they mostly get no chance to develop, mostly because of the pressure for the team to win trophies, hence the need for developed, consistent and non-error-prone players. It hurts me to say, but maybe Tottenham WAS the best place for his development as a player. If he gets too good, we can always put some money on Levy’s table (the greedy c*nt) and bale will be ours πŸ˜€

8. Wink

August 14, 2010 at 3:13 pm

@Owen: lie and you die! πŸ‘Ώ πŸ‘Ώ πŸ‘Ώ πŸ‘Ώ

August 14, 2010 at 3:31 pm

On Tuesday ,Ozil will sign for Man Utd .It will be a direct swap with Berbatov moving the other way.There will be no money involved.

August 14, 2010 at 3:41 pm

@Traverse: You mean L’poo have got Hleb???

August 14, 2010 at 3:44 pm

@Traverse: It’s a BRAZEN Owen LIE, surely you sussed that out Trav πŸ™‚ .

August 14, 2010 at 3:50 pm

@Owen: That is total rubbish.

August 14, 2010 at 3:53 pm

@Johnsom33: When have I judged them? I have said give them a chance but they are punts and Hernandez has done nothing yet. Nobody will be more happy than me if they become great signings but they are big money for unkowns.

14. AndyCR7

August 14, 2010 at 3:57 pm

@Owen: 100% lie. The way you have been talking about Berba recently, I can bet my house, It’s a big lie.

August 14, 2010 at 4:02 pm

@AndyCR7: Wait till Tuesday πŸ™„ .Till then ,no comments on Ozil issue.

August 14, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I see Fergie is trying to control the United fans again, saying we all need to get back on side. He tells how much we all need to be UNITED – but he only comes up with these claims and rallying calls to suit his own and the Glazer’s purposes. The fans are hurting the team because we are not at one – purleeeeeeeeeeeeeese, who the fuck is he kidding. It isn’t the Glazer’s and Master liar and deceiver David Gill hurting the fans but more so the club with the level of debt they have saddled us with, which is NEVER going down at all. I have always respected and supported Fergie for his marvelous record, but he doesn’t give a toss about United fans – he just needs us now to further his own purposes. Yeah – I am a pissed off Red, because I truly don’t think the fans count at OT anymore, except as yes men to what Fergie demands, and to be just ‘bums’ on seats that bring money to the club. That Fergie I don’t like – sorry guys not trying to upset anybody, but Fergie is getting on my fucking nerves now!

August 14, 2010 at 5:00 pm

CraigMc, check out goal.com. Some interesting quotes by Quieroz. Apparentely Nani threatened to suicide if Quieroz did not take him along with the World Cup squad. That is some serious shit.

August 14, 2010 at 5:20 pm

@colver: I don’t really trust Goal.com Colver to be honest – but I read yesterday Nani himself talking about the devestation he felt with the broken clavicle injury and not being able to attain his dream of playing when he was in such great form for Portugal at WC. The doctors in Portugal said he could play with a brace fitted around his upper body, and so he travelled to join the squad. But team doctors sent him home, and he acknowledged himself that it wasn’t good for his mind being around the team and not being able to play – so he flew home. He said he was crying all the time. I guess he is a really emotional person with a lot of pent up feelings and passion. He says he is consumed with football, and IF anybody took the ball away from him it would be then end of the world sort of thing. Yeah – some serious shit Colver – but suicidal NAH! He’s just a very young 22 year old I guess. He still has a lot of developing to do in that area.

August 14, 2010 at 5:55 pm

This just bloody pisses me off.

Yet again another plea to the fans by Fergie trying to deflect pressure on the Glazer’s and begging us for support. I love how he lays the blame on the fans if things don’t go well. Basically it’s the fans who are part of the team and without them they cannot function as a “United” effort. Question Fergie. When was the last time you ever gave a damn about the fans or about what they want? When have you last tried to appease their wants and desires by signing a player that’s on their minds and lips? When have you stood up like a responsible man and stood with the fans against the owners who are undermining this club and extorting it’s lifeblood? Instead you lay it all down on our laps. with this crappy quote;

“One situation clouds the new season and that is the continued opposition to The Glazer Family,” Sir Alex told The United Review. “I have no problem with The Green & Gold Campaign. Fans are entitled to protest as they see fit, but not to the detriment of the team.”

“BUT NOT TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE TEAM” You silly old fart. We the fans are acting in detriment to the team? What about the owners you love to support and protect who have created close to a billion pounds of debt and who continually extort money form the club while leaving you pennies to operate the club with? What about their actions? Are they not more of a detriment to the club than the Green & Gold campaign that is designed and organized to bring the team back from the hole the Glazer’s have placed it in. Shame on you Fergie for yet again getting it all wrong and pointing fingers at those who care about this club while placing an arm of support around the snakes who are destroying it. πŸ™„ πŸ™„ 😑 😑

August 14, 2010 at 6:07 pm

@Redrich: It really depends on what tactical setup a manager uses. The trend today is to stack the midfield and play with not just one but two holding midfielders. This is designed to open the game up for the three forward midfielders and allow them more space and freedom in which they can attack and create. The feeling is this creates more scoring opportunities than having one DMF and having two strikers. The belief is that two strikers means two players waiting and looking for service as opposed to putting one of those bodies to work at creating opportunities rather than waiting for them. I like 4-2-3-1 because it has been proven to be a winner. Germany, Holland, Inter, Bayern all use it to great success but back in my mind I still feel that two potent strikers is better than none. This would require that a club only use one DMF in a pyramid shaped 4-1-2-1-2. It would require more defensive responsibility for the AMF who plays just behind the strikers and would require a super human Makalele or Essien like effort from the lone DMF. Something Hargreaves was just fantastic at and something I believe Fletcher can do well too. I also believe United can play this style because Rooney as a second striker is like having that extra midfielder. He tracks back and gets involved. One thing for sure is that Ozil is not a track back type of midfielder. It’s not a flaw as it’s just not his style. But a good manager does not let that deter him as Joachim Low just allowed him to do his thing and he had Schweinsteiger and Khedira to make sure no defensive holes were created. In a sense Ozil plays like that second striker but farther back where he can create more than actually score. Either way Ozil could be very dynamic for us.

August 14, 2010 at 6:09 pm

@Gabriel: And this is based on the usually reliable Owen Dreamscape News Agency, correct? πŸ˜€

August 14, 2010 at 6:14 pm

@[OPTI]Madschester United: That’s such a silly way to think mate. You don’t care because he is not one of our players. Well no he isn’t……YET. He may very well become one of our players and that is why he is the centre of discussion on every Man Utd blog. You sound like a person that never gets out much. I’m not saying that you are but jeez mate, open yourself up to a little more flavour in life. It’s not just about what we have in life but what we can acquire or endeavour for. I honestly cannot stand that closed minded kind of thinking. It is your right and privilege to be that way but please, don’t lay the law down on us who like to dream a bit and who hope for a new ingredient placed in the soup to make it even tastier. You sound more like a guy who is uttering sour grapes because his lack of knowledge of a player was tested and he came out with egg on his face. Hurts to be ignorant sometimes doesn’t it. Fact is Ozil is a stud and he could end up with United, so getting to know him better would be a start.

August 14, 2010 at 6:20 pm

@colver: Bremen is in a tight spot. They are a strong contender for the Bundesliga crown or at very worst a top three finish and with Ozil this can be achieved. But still they don’t want to lose him for nothing. The other problem is that if they were to sell him, who replaces him at this late hour. Very tough to go get an Ozil type of player for less than you sold him for and to do this when the season is days away. Most teams are not going to sell a creative player this close into the campaign. So it’s lose lose scenario for Bremen. If I were them, truthfully, I would keep him. You may not get anything for him after the season but then again he fulfilled his contract and helped you win a lot of games.

August 14, 2010 at 6:24 pm

@Owen: I’ll bet you right now that he either stays at Bremen or he goes to Madrid. United are showing very little interest in my opinion and they haven’t even tabled a bid which Madrid have. Also, Ozil has been urged by Germany manager Joachim Low to choose Barcelona or Real Madrid. It’s not because he hates United. It’s because he sees the EPL as a gruelling league that will either wipe Ozil out or get him injured. I can’t say that I blame him because all anyone has to see is how EPL players performed at the World Cup. They all sucked.

August 14, 2010 at 6:27 pm

@Owen: Stop with the bullshit mate. I don’t mind you making silly little predictions but qualify them as such. Don’t just blurt out shit like that in bold text like it’s a strong rumour from a strong source. That’s just irritating and irresponsible because it gets some of those who are more gullible to believe you. πŸ™„

August 14, 2010 at 6:34 pm

@CraigMc: You said it. I woke up with that quote and I almost smashed my monitor out of rage. Who the Hell does he think he is throwing the detriment card at us like that? We are a detriment to the club if we don’t pack the stadium and cheer till or tonsils fall out? What about the detriment the owners have been on the club. The same owners he sucks up to and supports without ever questioning one thing they do. Yet he questions us and questions our loyalty and allegiance with his gripes and back stabs. How on Earth any United fan can continue and have an ounce of respect for this man anymore is beyond me? I could care less about the past. History is for losers. What about the future. He is leading us down the garden path to annihilation. And yet there are those who see nothing wrong with what he is or isn’t doing. Unbelievable!! πŸ™„

August 14, 2010 at 8:51 pm

@Grognard: It’s funny. We are on an internet blog, so I guess by being someone who “doesn’t get out much,” you must be referring to reading other blogs πŸ˜†

I am not saying Γ–zil is crap, I just don’t understand why EVERYONE (almost) seem to believe that without Γ–zil we will be battling for 4th – and that if we get Γ–zil we will be unbeatable. I think our team is good and more than capable of winning all tournaments this season and Γ–zil will make other youngsters get less game time.

Berba for Ozil would be a sweet deal in my view but I am happy to see what our youngsters can do on Monday and throughout the season.

And please, if anyone saw Chelsea today, they were crap and won because:
    1) West Brom made 3 errors on first 3 goals – all on set pieces
    2) West Brom gave up after 3rd goal
    3) Di Matteo helped Chelsea out big time today

August 14, 2010 at 9:41 pm

@CraigMc: Yeah, expect the deal to go through pretty soon.

29. NicoQB

August 14, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I’m much more wary of liverpool this season than city. Hodgson looks like he knows his stuff and is not a lunatic like rafa.

I miss FSW

30. Conor

August 14, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Given the relative performances in pre-season I think Newcastle should be coming in with a lot of optimism – we’ve generally underperformed and they’ve done very well, the result against Deportivo was excellent and the draw against PSV was very decent – but I think it’ll be quite comfortable in all honesty.

The first team has players like Harper, Colocinni, Nolan, Guthrie, Barton, Gutierrez and Caroll who should be quite comfortable in this league throughout the season, but even then they’re bottom 10 quality really. There’s no real creativity or thrust from the impact players nor is there any real quality in defence, so it’ll be a struggle if there are a few injuries for any length I think.

The fullbacks in particular look lacking in quality to me, and Valencia’s excellent at isolating his fullback and terrorising him while Nani should have an easy time against Perch(inexperienced) or Simpson/Taylor(positionally indisciplined). Wouldn’t be surprised to see our strikers get a couple of goals from crosses.

In the middle I think Smith and Guthrie will give Carrick/Scholes a much harder time in the middle than they had last weekend, I’m assuming it’ll be Carrick-Fletcher, and Nolan will undoubtedly come back to help so I don’t think we’ll see total dominance. I think we’ll see a lot of meaningful possession though, quick forward passes that matter.

Defensively I think we’ll have a lot of mini-battles between Vidic-Caroll(which we won’t find a walk in the park) and Evra-Routledge/Gutierrez(depending on the flow of the game with Spiderman doing a lot more work going backwards if switched there) which’ll be of interest but really I think it’ll be quite a dull game with lots of valiant fighting but us eventually winning by a couple of goals.

August 14, 2010 at 10:51 pm

@CraigMc: Ferguson just doesnt fucking get it, and i really doubt he ever will. He doesnt give a fuck about the fans, hes just coming out with these quotes because he knows on the whole, 90% of the fans protesting will listen, and the heat will die down, and the glazers will be free to do their thing for another couple of years.
    The man is a fucking class a cunt and i can honestly say, i am sick and fucking tired of the little shit and hope judgement day is approaching.
    Judgement day being the day the little rat is thrown out on his ass, his name tarnished, and is forced to apologise to the millions of united fans he stabbed in the back.
    Yet im sure im going to get a few negative comments for saying this about fergie, despite the fact its all true. He doesnt give a fuck about me, any of you on here, any of the 76,000 supporters that pay through the nose to watch united at old trafford (although i care not much about them because they are sell outs imo) and not to mention the millions of loyal united followers around the world.
    He has pissed in our faces for long enough. He got into bed with the glazers, and now is trying to totally get rid of any fan who doesnt agree with their ownership.
    So we are allowed to protest, but not at the detriment of the team. Oh yes because it was so detrimental last season wasnt it. The atmosphere was rocking for the first time in years, the team seemed to improve at the same time, and the fans were united for a cause.
    Yeah of course it was detrimental to the team wasnt it fergie. The man is so full of shit its unbelievable.
    And what happens at the end of the season when yet again we miss out on the major prizes? Blame the fans of course. Afterall its nothing to do with having a crappy squad which came about because the managers good buddy big malc, refused to invest money into the team is it. No no its all because of the fans.
    I really am starting to think now what grognard said about fergie paid off is true. Why if he wasnt would he so publically come out on several occassions and back them over the millions of fans who so oppose them.
    Well i hope he chokes on the money, and i hope its made him very very happy.
    Hes shown once for all he cares not a fucking bit about the fans concerns, telling those opposed to the glazers to defect to chelski, shredded his legacy and pissed in my face for the last fucking time.
    The man is dead to me. I will never forget what he has done for this club in the past, but in the present and what he will have played a part in for the future with the glazers, all i can say to him is, your opinion means shit to me. You and the glazers are just as bad as each other, and i pray for the day this club is a glazer and fergie free zone.

32. Conor

August 14, 2010 at 11:09 pm

Do you think there’s many football managers that do genuinely care for their supporters? They’re just anonymous faces and noise to them, if not in general then certainly at the top level due to the sheer volume of fans.

I have to say I think you’re being a bit naive in the way you’re looking at this, even if your stance is admirable. It’s just very idealistic. It’d be wonderful if every part of the club worked perfectly, and that the fans were valued, but it’s a relatively minor issue in the grand scheme of things when you compare it to the issues of many other clubs, and really we need to accept that football at the top level’s a business now. No matter how much you want to rally against that, how much you want football to go back to its roots, it’s long past that stage and it’s just one of the negatives you have to accept and compare against the numerous pluses of the growth of the game over the years.

I deliberately ignored the point about how you ‘cant wait for judgement day’ because that’s so ridiculous on so many levels, but I’ll hit one of the gentler points – do you see the following manager showing the fans more love and respect?

August 14, 2010 at 11:11 pm

@Grognard: The thing that once again fergie fails to realise is that on the whole, the united fans are united. United against glazer.
    Yet because he has so publically sided with the glazers, he feels it is his duty, as their official glazer puppet, to put down all who oppose their reign.
    Sad thing is, as i have witnessed a few times on here, it is ok to hate glazer, yet it is a sin to bad mouth fergie in any way.
    The glazers know this, so what better way to silence the protesters than to get old fergie, the man who can do no wrong, to come out and tell the protesters to cease.
    Its clever ill give them that, and unfortunately you can bet that 90% of the fans will say “ok enoughs enough, better do what we says” just because its fergie whos said this.
    Well to them i say fuck fergie, to fuck with what he says. I could give 2 shits about fergies law as his opinion means nothing to me.
    The man is a sell out, a glazer puppet of the highest kind, and a man who has put 2 fingers up to the supporters time and time again.
    To the protesters i say protest twice as much as last year. Sing anti glazer chants (and anti fergie ones if it was up to me) twice as loud as you did last season. Paint the stadium green and gold and convert more of the unbelievers to g&g warriors.
    To hell with fergie and his present team, this is about something more important than the present. Safeguarding the future of this great club, which is something fergie with all his glazer ball licking, and oh so many fans fail to realise and thus will lead to the very real posiibility of the destruction of this club.

August 14, 2010 at 11:37 pm

@Conor: I dont expect a manager to love his supporters as such, but what i expect is not for a manager who supposedly loves this club, to continualy lie to its fans who have supported him for over 2 decades.
    Do you think its acceptable the way the manager tries to act like everythings ok and the glazers are great owners. Why does he never tell us about the Β£700m+ of debt that is like an anchor on this club.
    Afterall if it threatens the long term future of this club, do the clubs fans not have a right to know?
    Afterall we had manchester united fans long before fergies arrival and we will do long after he has left (supposing the glazers havent destroyed this club by then so that we are in liquidation or something).

But no this is my point. My whole point is that we are not looking for the managers love and respect. We are nothing to the manager, except the people who pay his wages.
    My whole gripe with fergie is his constant lies and the fact he will continuously side with the glazers over the supporters.
    So back to your point, if it comes down the glazers or the fans, who should the manager of this club be supporting.
    Some may say its the glazers who are his bosses, but to me its the fans who pay his wages.
    So no we dont expect him to be kissing the fans feet 24/7, but there are alot of fans who are genuinly concerned about the ownership of this club, and he continues to not see this, not address our issues, and instead give his constant support to owners who have placed us in so much debt.
    Should a man who has been in charge of our club for 25 years not care about the fans concerns? Obviously not judging by the managers continual siding with the glazers, and his refusal to see the wider picture and address our concerns.

On the point of judgement day i fail to see where you see a problem with what i said. The glazers wont be here forever, just for as long as they can take all the money they can, which is probably a few years.
    One day though when all that becomes clear, and we see the real damage the glazers have done to this club, their very own little puppet will be left accountable for his siding with the devil.
    Maybe he will have retired by then, will be living in a mansion somewhere and wont care a bit the men he so trusted have torn apart everything he built.
    Maybe the pay off they will have given him will help, but make no mistake he is as guilty as them, and he will one day have to be held accoutable for what he did.
    I hope that day is sooner rather than later tbh. I hope that one day in the not too distant future we get new owners who finally do what is right by the club.
    Who send the vultures, who stood by and let the glazers milk this club, out on their fucking ass. Gill and especially fergie i hope are one day out on their ass, the united fans seeing them for the lying rats they are. Then they can go over to holiday and see their good friend big malc who will give them a good pay off for helping them get every poenny they can out of raping this club. And im sure they will accept too because they played a big a part as they did in fucking our club over.

35. Conor

August 14, 2010 at 11:56 pm

And like I said, that’s an admirable approach to take but a completely unrealistic one. Arsene Wenger’s been doing the exact same thing for the last few years at Arsenal, Ancelotti was doing the same at Milan, Benitez at Liverpool…so the managers of the three teams we were competing against last season had all done largely the same thing(i.e. lieing to their fans about financial situations, and taking a slightly selfish POV).

You’re directing this anger at Sir Alex when it’s certain aspects of the modern game you’re really annoyed about. He’s just acting the way almost every other top manager does these days. Like I said, do you expect the next manager to act any different? Let’s assume it’s Mourinho, do you really think he’s going to be all about the fans? Nahhhhh, he’s all about himself, he’ll play us and everyone else in the media to suit his own needs. That’s just how it is – it’s not Sir Alex being overly ‘cuntish’.

On the judgement day part, I took it as you saying you can’t wait for Sir Alex to piss off out of the club, and if so and we’re still under the Glazer’s, do you expect the following manager to act any better, to be more appreciative of the fans?

August 15, 2010 at 12:29 am

@Conor: Difference between them and ferguson is 2 things.
    1. They have not been in charge of their respective clubs for 25 years
    2. Their clubs are not in half the financial trouble our club is in and thats the difference.

To me i cannot stand the manager always sucking up to the glazers and siding with them over the fans who ask some serious questions.
    I understand that at the end of the day ferguson looks out for number 1, but i got the impression this was a club he loved, a club he would not want to see any harm come to just like the fans.
    Thing is he has got into bed with people who dont care about the club, and do wantr to hurt the club milk us for every poenny we have got.
    This where i question fergie and get annoyed when he sides with the glazers and tells us the protests are hurting our club.
    Is the Β£700m debt hanging over our club not hurting us? Or the every reduced transfer funds are they not hurting the team aswell.
    These are questions the manager should be asking himself before he sides with the woners over the fans and this is why im so annoyed at the guy and feel betrayed by him.
    Im not asking him to always look out for the supporters and to drop everything for us. All im asking is for him to open his eyes and look at what the glazers, he so constantly supports, are doing to our club.
    The supporters can see what they are doing, so protest which is the least they should be allowed to do. The fact the manager comes out yet again and shows whose side hes on and says the protests are hurting the club is way out of order, and something he should have never said.
    This is my point and this is what i dont think your understanding mate. But i do get what your saying to a point, and atleast you seem like an intelliegent fan who bakcs up whats hes saying.
    My only point is our situation off the pitch is far from normal, its certainly not something any of the other managers are facing with the debts, protests etc.
    I just think when the fans have concerns, concerns which appear to be correct, the last thing the manager should be doing is coming out and yet again siding with the glazers saying our protests are hurting the club.
    If he cant open his eyes and see what malcolm and his boys are doing to the club, then he has no right to judge the fans who are only standing up for what the club they love.

August 15, 2010 at 12:55 am

@[OPTI]Madschester United: First off, by my phrase “You don’t get out much” I was referring to your enclosed attitude about our team. You act like a guy who never leaves his neighbourhood to try out something new. Now of course I mean that as an exaggeration but still mate, you need to look at your team the way others look at it and especially those who aren’t so in love with it do.

To put it mildly, you are dreaming. You are absolutely floating out into the Milky Way if you honestly believe this team is good enough to win all trophies. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Christ mate, your manager just came out and said he thought it a dogfight to finish in the top 4. Didn’t you get the memo? πŸ™„ πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

The fact is this team still may be good enough to win the Prem because the Prem frankly has become shite. Too many great players have left and other than Man City, not too many are coming in. The Big Four are no more. They have fallen back into the pack and there are no more gimme’s for even them. As for the Champions League, well just forget about it. In your wildest dreams it’s not going to happen. We don’t have the air tight defence anymore and our midfield is a bit of a joke. Other than Rooney, Owen and Berba don’t do it in big games and so that leaves Chicharito to be the only reason we should be better than last year’s quarter final knockout. No way in Hell. I am predicting we don’t even qualify for the final 16 this year. Not because I really believe it but because I am that sure we won’t win.

As for the FA Cup and Carling Cup……Who the fuck cares anyway. Anyone can win those with a few lucky breaks along the way. My prediction for the year is 0-4. Read it and weep. Old age and too many under performing stars will do us in this season even though Fergie will somehow find a way to keep us close to the end. I predict 3rd but 5th isn’t out of the realm of possibility. My only real hope is that we don’t fall behind Man City in the pecking order. That would be an embarrassment even I could not live with.

August 15, 2010 at 1:06 am

@tonymontanna4united: WOW! That’s a lot of heart felt anger mate. I feel your pain. I think it’s important for all to take a rant like yours seriously because it does come from the heart and there is no agenda tied to it. The fact is for too long our words have been met with jeers and boos while Fergie has been allowed to get away with murder. And unfortunately it will continue because there are a lot of loyal thick and overly sensitive types out there that refuse to believe their beloved manager could ever scorn them. Fact is he wipes his balls with rags that have all our names printed on them. He has gone over to the enemy and he is as happy as a pig in shit. Meanwhile we sit around wondering why the Hell would he was 7.5 million on a homeless person instead of spent the required money to bring in a world class young super talent to play a position of great concern to this team? Well as I see it, it’s part of his master plan to try to give most of the rational truth speaking fans on this team a nervous breakdown. He’s doing it to spite us because he won’t have the media and fans tell him who he should or shouldn’t go after. Hubris is his middle name being a pompous ass is his game. But then again what do I know? I’m just a stupid fan who should get in line, know his damned role and shut his mouth. πŸ™„ NEWSFLASH! Grognard is no fucking trained chimp. πŸ˜€

39. Conor

August 15, 2010 at 1:25 am

@tonymontanna4united: You seem to be ignoring what I feel is the most pertinent point – do you think any other top manager would act differently?

August 15, 2010 at 2:09 am

@Conor: Yes but the reason why as i mentioned fergie is so different to the rest of the managers out there is because he has been uniteds manager for 25 years. You cannot ask “would any other top manager act differently” because no other manager has coached one side for as long as him.
    Had we seen rafa benitez at liverpool for 25 years, or jose at chelski for that long, then yes if i was a fan of their teams i would expect them to act differently to the way ferguson has acted at our club.
    Ferguson has been our manager for so so long and yet he feels no loyalty to the fans who have pretty much treated him like a god for nearly 20 of those years, while to the owners who we can all clearly see are harming this club, he time and time again comes out and supports them.
    Is there not something with that?

But to answer your question, we’ll never know how jose, rafa, capello, moyes or whoever else would act because they have never been at the same club for 25 years and had to face what is going on off the pitch here.
    This is why i am hard on ferguson. He is not a manager who moves clubs every 2 minutes, or feels no love to the club he is managing.
    He has been here nearly 3 decades, supposedly loves the club yet cant see what the glazers are doing to the club, and gets on the fans backs for protesting. Thats just fucking wrong to me. The manager should know where his loyalties lie, and unfortunately after 25 years he still cant see its with the fans he is supposed to support.
    Well mainly because

August 15, 2010 at 2:12 am

Ignore the last line, dunno why that didnt delete.

42. Conor

August 15, 2010 at 2:24 am

“I have no problem with the green and gold campaign. Fans are entitled to protest as they see fit.”

He’s already said he understands the want to protest, and has blatantly just said that he had no problem with what happened last season, he just doesn’t want it to get to such depths that it alienates fans further by creating separation between them and in the end creating the wrong atmosphere for the stadium, but more importantly the club, to be in…and yet you’ve got you and Grognard in the last 10 posts or so saying that he’s said it’s already damaged the club, yet he’s said quite the opposite.

That in itself points to an agenda, the need to exaggerate or misconstrue everything that’s said about the matter to suit your opinion, it might well be an agenda that’s hidden so deep that you don’t even realise it yourself…but it’s there.

Anyway, main point – Sir Alex is talking about the(distant?) future, you lot take it as if he’s said it about the past…and I really don’t care for Glazer debates, complaining about it does nothing besides spread gloom and doom, which is a bit depressing truth be told. Go on ahead and protest and try and do something, although personally I feel it’s irrelevant to the Glazers at the end of the day, but complaining about it on a blog is just a bit pointless all in all. Maybe someone like Grognard needs to do it to feel like he’s contributing in some way, to satisfy his ego, but we really shouldn’t all be like that.

August 15, 2010 at 3:08 am

@Conor: All the more reason why we shouldn’t give a fuck about them and let them have it when they are screwing up or betraying the fan’s interests.

August 15, 2010 at 3:14 am

@Conor: Judgement Day is coming my friend whether you think it’s ridiculous or not. But knowing Fergie, he will retire before that day comes and all we have left is Glazer’s to lynch. My point is both the Glazer’s and Fergie have a lot to answer for when it comes to the direction this team is taking financially. My problem with Fergie is not the product on the field (although it sucks), but his allegiance with the owners who are taking this team down with them before they conveniently bail out at the last second. Fergie doesn’t get this because all he is is a stupid football manager who is unable to understand or comprehend the long term ramifications of his actions and support of these snakes. So when my friend speaks of Judgement Day, I wouldn’t necessarily shrug it off as insanity because if this club collapses due to uncontrollable debt, heads will roll, BELIEVE IT.

August 15, 2010 at 3:18 am

@tonymontanna4united Did you ever get the feeling that we were speaking in front of a choir of Sarah Palin Right Wing Neocons who love their white picket fence existence and who don’t want anyone messing with the way they like to look at things. In fact they will continue to act and feel like that mate, even when United is mired in the NPower Championship Division. Fuck how I loathe stupidity and blind loyalty πŸ˜› πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

August 15, 2010 at 3:22 am

@Conor: The reason a lot of these managers are acting the same way as you perceive is because they have been told not to spend because all of their owners have been working at losses for the last few years due to ridiculous spending policies and a major downturn in the economy which has hurt all of football. United is just that worse off because their debt is completely out of control with no signs of it being reduced in the very near future. Besides, we are Man Utd, not these other teams and we have bigger fish to fry and bigger goals to achieve. I hate being compared to other clubs when all I want to be compared with is the Manchester United I knew before Glazer came along.

47. Conor

August 15, 2010 at 3:26 am

Do you ever reach the point where you think your ego’s a bit too big for your own good? Like when you’re calling Sir Alex – one of the best managers to ever manage a very intellectual game, as well as being renowned for his appreciation of the finer details of psychology and long-term planning – stupid, while presumably believing you’re not stupid? I mean, this goes beyond thinking Sir Alex is wrong for countless things – only to then prove you wrong, of course – but you’re flat out saying you’re more intelligent than him. Despite never meeting him, and thus having a remarkably small pool of evidence to draw that conclusion from, I might add.

You do realise you’re the reason some people are driven away from here, and how your attempt to dominate the blog’s comment section is incredibly selfish given how strong your opinions are – therefore ruling out ignoring them, in case you’re wondering about the relevancy of bringing up your volume of posts – and you’ll inevitably ignore all this, or play the victim, but I’m genuinely trying to make a point to you here – you’re entitled to your opinion but voicing it so strongly and so often is slightly unfair to the readers.

August 15, 2010 at 3:27 am

@Conor: Yes I do. Martin O’Neill quit over far less. Jeez that is such a dumb question coming from you mate. You think Harry Redknapp would put up with this or even Rafa? Where is Rafa now? Oh you’ll say he was fired. Trust me, he wanted out. Mourinho? Well lets just say he quit Chelsea over far less and van Gaal has too. Your point is pointless I’m afraid because no manager would put up with managers creating an unmanageable debt while extorting money daily and not giving the manager funds in which he could successfully manage his team. Just ridiculous to think any manager who wasn’t bought and paid for would think this way. Managers today are more mercenary than the players. Just ask Sven if he would put up with this or even better, ask Owen Coyle about sticking it out and being loyal.?

August 15, 2010 at 3:37 am

@Conor: Since you like to filter quotes and take things out of contest let me add the end of that sentence which you so kindly quoted. “but not to the detriment of the team.” Basically he feels our actions are a detriment to the team. HOW DARE HE SAY THAT AND SHAME ON HIM. He is being ignorant and blind to the realities of this club which is sinking in debt and he has the unmitigated gall to question our loyalty and call us a detriment? He can go screw himself royally. He is way out of line with that statement and with that statement has slapped every Green & Gold supporter in the face and spit on us for giving a damn about a club he seems to not give a damn in terms of it’s future. For Fergie it’s all about winning title 19 and going off into the sunset as LEGEND. Who cares what happens to this team five years down the line. He is as visionless and as heartless as the owners of this club and he is doing more damage to the team directly than Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Shitty could ever do as a combined force. Remember this about history, great empires usually collapse from within, not due to the actions of foreign powers. And right now Fergie is reminding me an awful lot like Nero. If you don’t get the reference, then trust me, a fan of history like Fergie does.

50. Conor

August 15, 2010 at 3:37 am

Martin O’Neill quite when his players were being sold off. Harry Redknapp happily left Portsmouth – a team many claimed he ‘loved’ to fall into financial oblivion, without a care in the world. Oh yes, trust you, because you’ve got such an in-depth interpretation of the game that you can know what went on behind the scenes, yet I can’t.

Sir Alex has spent nearly Β£30m since January – compared to Wenger that’s loads, so what is it here, are they both idiots? No, no, it’s that Arsenal have money to spend because Wenger says they have money to spend, yet Sir Alex says it and it’s bullshit, because, well…just trust me. I know. Right?

So wait, hold on, you’re questioning Sir Alex’s motives because he’s not following the trend of being a mercenary, and thus moving on? Hm.

Stop forcing your opinion on people – it’s not only annoying, it stifles debate(which is essentially the point of this, right).