Manchester United Fixtures

Man Utd 2010/11 Season Fixtures Announced

United kick off their new season by welcoming Newcastle United back to the Premiership at Old Trafford. Oh, and the Premiership also opens with Liverpool v Arsenal and Spurs v Man City.

We’re also going to be having back-to-back clashes with Arsenal and Chelsea twice — in December and late April/early May.

The title run-in seems a bit tough with a whole bunch of away trips. Anyway, here are some of the fixtures, and for obvious legal reasons we can’t post all of them. So head over to the site to read the rest. Of course, get back and discuss them here.

Early Phase:

Sat Aug 14 Newcastle United H
Sat Aug 21 Fulham A
Sat Aug 28 West Ham United H
Sat Sep 11 Everton A
Sat Sep 18 Liverpool H

June 18, 2010 at 9:50 pm

@Grognard: Rooney is not overrated.

2. Phoenix Red

June 18, 2010 at 9:51 pm

The England fans are a disgrace! Booing your own team off the pitch, i know they had nothing to shout about, but after the usual Rule Britania, all they’ve got to offer is abuse! A fucking disgrace! They dont deserve to be at the world cup after Wed. Rooney said as he walked off the pitch “Nice to see your own fans boo ya! Thats what you call supporters, for fucks sake!” Obviously the pressure is getting to Wayne but he’s got a point. Did those fans just realise that England aren’t gonna win the world Cup? Unbelievable πŸ™„

June 18, 2010 at 9:54 pm

@CraigMc: He didn’t mean what he said. He’s lashing out at the boo-boys (who are always fat bald knobs) because he knows he can’t lash out at the manager, the real thing he’s angry at.

Capello has had Aaron Lennon, SWP, Theo Walcott, Joe Cole, Adam Johnson and Ashley Young to pick 2 wingers from. He picks one. It’s stupid. You’d get fired for doing that on football manager!

James
    Johnson Dawson Terry A.Cole
    Carrick Gerrard Barry
    Lennon Rooney J.Cole

for the love of god, do it.

4. Phoenix Red

June 18, 2010 at 10:00 pm

@CraigMc: So you reckon it would be alright if the Old Trafford faithful gave our team abuse every time we put in a shit performance? This is proactive behaviour from fans????
    Oh Yeah, thats got to be really encouraging your team on!!!!!!
    Same Old England …….. 😯

June 18, 2010 at 10:06 pm

How the fuck can you leave out Adam Johnson and Joe Cole when your team is getting tetty fucked by some Algerian guys?! England need width, pace and creativity, and those two guys have got bags of it. But what happens, you but on Crouch and Defoe, and Shaun Wright-Fucking-Phillips. Fucks sake…

Seriously, Capello is shite. Why not Rafa?! πŸ™„

June 18, 2010 at 10:10 pm

@EduardoDaVinci4: Adam Johnson isn’t out there with the squad!

June 18, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Grognard, Im one of Rooney’s biggest fans. But I agree with you. He loses form so easily. You can guarantee if he gets injured he will go on a goal drought and take a few months to get back to top form. And as a player who is quite injury prone that is a bad thing.

All Rooney’s problems are psychological. He has a low frustration tolerance and when things aren’t going his way he loses it. He tries too hard and it just makes things worse. He also doesn’t listen to his body and always tries to rush back from injury. He also doesn’t know how to conserve energy and pace himself.

The truly great players are all mature. Rooney isn’t mature and until he gains that maturity he will never be a true great.

We all know that when Rooney is in form he is one of the best players in the world. I don’t think anyone can seriously disagree with this. But as Schmeichel said once, you judge a player by their bottom performance. When Rooney is off his game he is no use to anyone.

He needs to learn to go easy on himself when things aren’t going his way. Focus on the simple aspects of the game. Conserve energy.

Rooney we can understand.

But I have no idea why Gerrard and Lampard are so consistently awful for England.

Rooney to his credit got us into these finals as during qualifying he was very impressive. And his poor performances are partly explained by injury/burnout etc.

But what the hell is Gerrard and Lampard’s excuses?

And why isn’t Capello playing Joe Cole. Hell why didn’t he bring Walcott along for the ride? He cant have been much worse than Lennon and SWP

June 18, 2010 at 10:12 pm

@CraigMc: I rest my case…

Capellooo is duuf

June 18, 2010 at 10:17 pm

@Phoenix Red: The fans have paid phenominal amounts of money travelling to world cup tournaments, and England have continually put up continual shit performances in return. You should remember mate when Ireland play in WC tournaments they always at least put on performances and make you proud – right! We English have a team who never seem to turn up! I don’t give a fuck if they don’t win, as long as they at least put on a performance.

June 18, 2010 at 10:26 pm

@Phoenix Red: Like I said, I think most England fans know England will not win the world cup, they are not stupid mate, but paying good money, lots of it, they are right to expect at least some kind of decent performances at the very least! So we have to agree to disagree there!

11. Phoenix Red

June 18, 2010 at 10:44 pm

@CraigMc: I realise the whole english nation is pissed off, but that is hardly the way to support your team, is it? I can tell you this Bro, if it was Ireland with the same performance, our fans wouldn’t boo off our team. Is this not more of a case of Some fans believing the “Hype” that always surrounds England, and being disappointed? And surely the important thing is that its still game on, win your last match and you’re through.
    Did you see how clueless Capello was? When things obviously werent going Englands way, his reaction was too slow to change things and then his substitutions????
    Oh yeah,get ready for the ABU press backlash, its gonna be fierce!

June 18, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Please someone tell me why we aren’t playing Joe Cole?

June 18, 2010 at 11:21 pm

@Phoenix Red: I know Ireland probably wouldn’t, but you haven’t suffered 3 WC tournaments where most of these same players have been droned out, and failed to put on any sort of decent performance at all. I know that England fans BOO not due to any disappointment or believing any hype, but because it has cost them a lot in sacrifice to follow these lads to several world cups, and although unlike the media we didn’t expect to win, we did want to see some kind of effort and performance. Big difference between expecting to win, and expecting as we English fans do to at least play games that have some sort of life. I mean the same robotic corpse like dead body performances every time the tournament proper comes around.

The ABU media have only one player to criticise this time and that is the Rooney failure to perform. That would not be without foundation so far this tournament would it Phoenix? His game has gone to pieces. You say we may win the next game, well I really hope not, because I don’t think I could bear a continuance of this shit mate.

June 18, 2010 at 11:22 pm

@colver: One word mate – Capello!

15. themec

June 18, 2010 at 11:33 pm

There is little or no spirit in the England camp. This is most probably because Capello is running it like a ‘boot’ camp. All meals taken together, no wags and in bed by eleven each night. These pampered millionaires are not going to like such an ‘old-school’ approach and probably can’t wait to come home and enjoy the close-season.
    It never really mattered in qualifying games when the team are together for just a few days but imagine being cooked up with a fascistic Tommy Cooper figure for six weeks and having NO FUN at all.

I personally don’t give a toss how England do because I hate nationalism and all the jingoistic tabloid journalism that occurs whenever England play. Fans are to blame if they fall for all this ‘bread and circuses’ hysteria if you ask me. If one’s happiness is predicated upon 11 men kicking a football around the its one’s own fault. What a ludicrous state of affairs!! I’m glad Rooney gave these saddoes a reality check. I mean get a fucking LIFE!!
    P.S. It might sound stupid but I’ve had a go of that new ball and it really is a fucking joke. It’s too big and extremely light and very difficult to control – so unlike the usual ball that I really do think that it is playing it’s own part in making this world cup so relentlessly DIRE. Way to go Adidas. Thanks for that.
    Brazil are going to win it by the way. The boring Dunga Brazil that is.

16. themec

June 18, 2010 at 11:44 pm

The most exciting thing about that match, by the way, was seeing that strange African bird perched on top of the net England were supposed to be attacking. I’m not in to Ornithology but by the way it seemed to be challenging the England players to shoot and shift it I think it must have been a ‘Mocking Bird’. πŸ˜€
    Sorry.

June 19, 2010 at 12:10 am

Again, England fans (and media) hype their own team beyond anything reasonable.

England will still qualify because Slovenia will struggle against England and England will win 1-0 or 2-1.

USA will qualify too as they can outrun ALgeria.

England is sluggish and lack real pace. Gerrard is the main problem I think and with him as the captain, Cappello cannot drop him. Such a joke.

Plus, SWP should not be in the squad let alone play.

June 19, 2010 at 12:20 am

@themec: I think the fans have a life but Football is a very big part of it – nothing wrong with that. You are obviously a sports fan yourself, and United part of your life, otherwise why the visit to the blog mate? πŸ™‚

June 19, 2010 at 12:23 am

@[OPTI]Madschester United: Errrr I don’t know of any England fans who hype the team up Opti – certainly not as much as United fans hype up the United team πŸ™‚ . It’s a myth propogated by NON English fans that English fans believe the media hype. Tell me any English fan on this board who believes England had a chance of winning the WC – nobody mate!

June 19, 2010 at 12:25 am

@themec: Are you that bird then? πŸ™‚

June 19, 2010 at 1:35 am

@CraigMc: I guess, I will retract the fan statement. I was leaning toward saying media only but the media had me convinced that their stories were the product of English (read: fans) own beliefs.

I think the British/English media does a great job at ruining national teams (England at every tournament have enormous expectations) and players (all that rumors / hype of “scandals” that appear daily in every medium).

Do English football fans hate the media for doing this to their own team and players?

In Euro 2004 the amount of pressure placed on 18 year old Rooney was immense and did not help him. Again, at world cup in 2006, they repeated themselves. Now, this time, after Rooney performs well, they hype him as The Savior.

And then they have no problem tearing down the players they hype with harsh criticism when these over-hyped (Gerrard and Rooney impacts and Terry’s captaincy)…

At least in Denmark, we are so happy just to be here in WC2010 and exstatic to get out of our group. For example, on the National Jersey of Denmark we have 13 columns representing the greatest moments in Danish football history. One of those moments is our 3-2 loss to Brazil in World Cup 1998 Quarter finals.

πŸ™‚
    I think (and many surely agree) that expectations are too great for England that they are truly doomed to fail even if they did end up in the Final and lost. Poor lads! I feel bad for you english fans!

June 19, 2010 at 2:51 am

While I am not the biggest fan of Alexi Lalas opinion, I couldn’t help but laugh when he said “maybe, the English players just aren’t that good” “they are lavishly paid and hugely popular, but maybe they just aren’t that good”

June 19, 2010 at 3:42 am

England are only an average team. But they are not the only European team who are playing poorly this World Cup.

I was reading that it is 24 years since a World Cup was played this high above sea level. And altitude can really make a difference. Looking at the players they all looked really sluggish and altitude sickness definitely does that to you. It might also explain why South American teams are doing so well. They play a lot of their qualifying games at high altitude so are used to the conditions.

We all know England are awful at keeping the ball. But this was another level and I am convinced external factors are having an impact.

This World Cup is throwing up too many upsets and I believe it is because the altitude makes it a lot harder for teams to attack effectively and slows teams down so they are easier to defend against. So it levels the playing field in a sense.

As the Confederation Cup was also hosted in South Africa, the teams who participated in that also have an advantage in adapting to the conditions. Take USA’s second wind against Slovenia for example.

Im not trying to excuse England’s shit performance. We have the same problems as always-shit tactics, inability to keep possession, no creativity etc etc. But I think the altitude just magnifies all our flaws and makes the players look a lot worse than they really are.

June 19, 2010 at 3:52 am

@[OPTI]Madschester United: I have been saying that exact same thing for years mate, there simply is too much pressure on england which imo is simply unrealistic.
    Lets put it this way, england are a very good team, but are they really good enough to be expected to realistically challeneg every WC and euro tournament.
    To me, no. They simply do not compare to the likes of argentina, brazil, germany, spain and france (i know their in the shits but talent wise they are better). I say all that as an englishman myself.
    Now i know i have withdrawn my support for the england team but that was down to years and years of shit being chucked at us because of englands own failings. People can call me disloyal all they want but there is a massive number of fans in england who are simply united men, and thats it. They care not for england and tbh i dont blame them.
    I have nothing against england, i am english at the end of the day and would like to see them win the WC but i find all the expectations put upon them ridiculous.
    I will point out though mate, these expectations are 90% down to the press, i dont think alot of the fans really expect us to win. The press though to me put unnecessary pressure on the team instead of letting them get there, no stressing and see how they do. I think long term without all these stupid expectations of “if you dont win it your a bunch of losers”, we would do a lot better out there.
    I mean the press really do have alot to answer for. 1 world cup in over 40 years isnt something to shout home about. Why then do they expect us every year to win the bloody thing.
    Everton won the premier league years ago, do they have expectations they will win the league. No because they are not good enough, there are too many teams better than them to consider them title contenders.
    Now whilst i know the gap between the best in the WC and england is not as large as everton and the top dogs, it is still quite a large gap.
    We should just be allowed to go there, do our stuff, and see how we do.

Oh and btw this is the england team i would play if i was manager. Im including some players who were ignored by capello too.

HART
    ??? FERDINAND TERRY A.COLE
    BARRY ?????/RODWELL?
    JOHNSON (ADAM) GERRARD J.COLE
    ROONEY

As for the ??? well they are positions that need filling where i see no obvious players who can step in and make the position their own. Enough og lampard and gerrard in the same team, they cant play together.
    Shame someone on Β£6m a year cant see that eh. And who said football fans were clueless Football Manager idiots. We could run the team alot better than some of the bosses out there πŸ˜†

June 19, 2010 at 4:01 am

So much for that theory. Just discovered Cape Town where the game was played is only 40 metres. While our first game where we looked much better as a team was played at 1500 metres altitude.

Still it must be fairly confusing playing different games at different altitudes. And as the ball travels differently at different altitudes it could explain why our passing was more woeful than usual. Also as a lot of our training was done at altitude the players could be suffering the delayed effects of altitude sickness.

Im all for including different countries by giving them the chance to host World Cups. But it seems stupid to let the quality of football suffer from an arbitrary factor like altitude which has nothing to do with football.

June 19, 2010 at 4:33 am

@gator: If I knew that all the money from a Rooney sale would go to team building i’d sell him because he is overvalued and because I feel it’s time United changed it’s look and makeup. A lot of United’s problem has to do with the players inability to play or conform to Rooney. And Fergie has never tried to get Rooney to conform to the other players because he isn’t capable of it.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Roon but his style and his quirks and inconsistencies have begun to bother me and grate on my nerves. Nothing bugs me more than when he is play high up like DMF when we need a man farther up trying to score goals. I’m just craving a new look and feel for United because frankly I am bored to tears of the Rooney, Scholes, Giggs, Neville, Carrick look the team has had for several years now. Not knocking the players, I’m just sick of them is all. They rarely bring anything new to a game and united have become very predictable. A fresh approach with fresh player styles and tactics would be a breath of fresh air for all United fans. Point I’m making is Rooney and the whole gang have gotten stale. As for England, I could lambast them all night long if I honestly gave a damn. Like I said last week, it’s hard to give damn about a club that has John Terry, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole on it. I hate those mother fuckers.

June 19, 2010 at 4:34 am

@EduardoDaVinci4: Rooney is tired and he is also showing that he is streaky and one dimensional in his approach to the game. When things aren’t working there is no Plan B within him.

June 19, 2010 at 4:37 am

@Phoenix Red: Mate if I paid the thousands of pounds to fly to South Africa and pay the over hiked rates at hotels in order to see that pile of shite, I tell you I would do a lot more than boo them off the field. I’d look for a stiff breeze that was with me, aim high and piss all over them. They deserve far worse believe me. I feel for the stupidity of the fans who once again made the trek to parts unknown to watch their country shame them.

June 19, 2010 at 4:39 am

@Traverse: Yes but in Football Manager all the English players get much higher ratings in their skill sets than they actually deserve. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

June 19, 2010 at 4:43 am

@Phoenix Red: You’re not paying a lot of money and wasting your time going to the stadium to watch them mate. If they were hurting you in the wallet and you felt you weren’t getting your money’s worth entertainment wise, well maybe then you might change your tune. Christ you should take in a sporting event in towns like Philadelphia or Chicago where the fans will really let you have it if you stink out the joint. Big difference is North American athletes will admit that they deserve it where English footy players act like little babies who’ve had their rattle stolen when they get booed. Different culture I guess.

June 19, 2010 at 4:46 am

@colver: Temperament will always be his downfall. He comes from a a family of pugilists and that says a lot about his hot headed temper. He seriously needs to grow up and shut up. But also in fairness to him, he is playing with a band of muppets who have done sweet fuck all when it comes to getting him any proper service. But also, when they have his fury and anger has rattled him so much so that his first touch has eluded him and he is forcing things.

June 19, 2010 at 4:48 am

@Phoenix Red: English fans suffer from high and unrealistic expectations and delusions of grandeur and then reality hits them hard and they deal with it poorly. But like I said earlier, if you had spent the kind of money those poor bastards have to go see your nation play like a bunch of muppets, well maybe you too would be a lot more pissed off than you are, don’t you think?

June 19, 2010 at 4:50 am

@themec: Actually I thought the bird looked pretty bored by the whole thing. I’d like to think the game was for the birds, but apparently the bird disagreed due to it’s disinterested and bored look. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

June 19, 2010 at 4:53 am

@themec: I guess you would prefer an old fashioned world war to get your nationalistic fever up then eh mate? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

June 19, 2010 at 4:59 am

@Johnsom33: That’s what I have been saying for years mate. Kudos to Alexei for saying that. Fact is England has a lot of players who are incredibly overrated and who continually turnup absent for the national team. If this was Germany, they would be dropped. I can give many examples of strong Bundesliga players who have never made in on the national team over the decades because they cannot handle the pressure. SWP, Lennon, Barry, Carragher, Johnson, Carrick, Upson and all the keepers are not good enough and Lampard and Gerrard are just choke artists. Rooney would be better if his supporting cast was better. Frankly, they just suck. This kills me to say this but for me the one player for England that seems to show up every game and perform up to his abilities more often than not is the cunt John Terry. The rest just suck.

June 19, 2010 at 5:04 am

@colver: The two biggest culprits in this World Cup mate are the ball and the managers. Domenich, Capello, Queiroz and all the other cautious and cowardly muppets who attack every game with such caution and chicken shitted lack of ambition that it’s shameful. I especially point the finger at Domenich and Queiroz who have two of the most talented teams in the competition yet are clueless on how to get them to produce their best form and score goals. And when you watch them play it’s so easy to pinpoint the reasons why these teams suck so badly. The game has fallen prey to chess players and armchair generals who have reduced the game to grid tactics and taken away the individuality , the pace and the natural flow of the game. The game has been Rafanized.

37. donibrasco

June 19, 2010 at 8:50 am

@Grognard: Finally you see my point on Rooney.As a United fan,i get lambasted for talking about him but he is nothing special just ordinary.How does any manager not see that?They will always bring last season out of their ass but Bent had 2 goals less.

June 19, 2010 at 8:57 am

@CraigMc: Spot on, no real England fan actually believe we are actually going win the World Cup, only bitter Jocks say things like that@donibrasco: Yet another Ani Rooney post, do you actually post anything else muppet?

June 19, 2010 at 9:07 am

I have to say I have watched England live a few times and the fan base is a disgrace. Most people watching England support lower league sides and go to the games with very large chips on both shoulders waiting to criticise the “over paid” premadonnas.
    Booing your team for me is awful, Spurs, West Ham are culprits of this and United fans certianly don’t. Yes England were shit, Lampard has been awful, but booing certianly doesn’t help.
    I think Rooney over reacted and should’nt have said what he did but the fans should in my view should not boo, I understand their frustation but as I say you get a certain type watching England who can’t wait to get on the players back.
    But England are shit, please, please play Joe Cole.

June 19, 2010 at 10:15 am

@donibrasco: Rooney was non existent so far for England I will give you that, but you should also consider that a player like Wayne thrives on PRECISE crosses finding him in the box. England do not play with any width under Capello, so Rooney gets little supply. Gerrard should not be taking corners either, he should be in the box on the end of them, and the same with Lampard. Rooney has no height, so crosses into the box have to be precise, especially when he is surrounded by lanky arsed defenders! Perhaps Wayne will appreciate at last just what a great provision of top class balls into the box, and goal making opportunites he gets from Nani, Valencia and other United players, and stop bolloxing those whom he should appreciate. For we see in his non entity games for England, he is nothing without top class providers. But then what top players are!

41. donibrasco

June 19, 2010 at 10:25 am

@Stephen: YOU FUCK!Dont post any more shit concerning my opinion.I have a right to express my self and i exercise it.Who the fuck are you to tell me what to post?Fucking idiot always thinking through his ass.Yuou dont like my post shithead,ignore what i post and believe what you believe.It was not even directed to you.

June 19, 2010 at 10:31 am

@Stephen: My team for the Slovenia game would be this one:-

Hart

Johnson Dawson Terry Arsehole Cole

Barry

Gerrard Carrick

Joe Cole Rooney Milner

And Rooney would not be in on form, for which he would without his name have been dropped on present performance, but in this formation with Joe Cole and Milner getting good crosses into the box, he might be okay. If not swop him with another forward, and by the way Defoe looked slick and speedy, and getting into the box when he came on – so we have to look at who is in form! Nevertheless I am so sick of Englands ever eternal underwhelming performances in WC comps, that I seriously couldn’t give a fuck any more – just put us out of our misery someone πŸ˜† .

43. Phoenix Red

June 19, 2010 at 10:44 am

@Grognard: With all due respect, i have little or no interest in the “values” of north american sport, i certainly wouldnt look for inspiration from over there.@Grognard: Being Irish i have no aforementioned problems with delusions of grandeur! Fine, be pissed off, of course most english fans are pissed off, but booing your team in the world cup, with one game, maybe more left, is not in any way proactive or supportive of your team.It shows up the complete lack of class that these supporters have. As far as i’m concerned they deserve fuck all, just cause they’ve travelled around the world, so what? They werent forced to? were they? England fans have continually disgraced themselves on tour, i wont bother with the litany of complaints.Suffice it to say I’m glad i’m not associated with the mob.IF anyone wonders why i dont have any time for them? @Stephen: Thank you Stephen, thats what i’m talking about.

June 19, 2010 at 10:48 am

@colver: I have to say mate, much as it pains me to do so, that to me Gerrard was our best player in the USA game. I think Gerrard is really trying, which is more than I can say for others. I mean any team who plays Heskey the cart horse, and for a big player always seems to finish up stumbling on the floor following every tackle – well that team deserves all they get πŸ™„ .

June 19, 2010 at 10:53 am

The England fans I must say, that to their credit they have filled the stands, and decked all the boardings with St Georges flags and messages. They have been the best supported team in the two games they played so far, and if they had given any kind of good performance instead of the dead stinky bread they try to feed us, well the fans and the stands would be rocking. Just a good performance, any good performance would have done. Nobody expects them to be WC winners for fucks sake! But give the fans something to sing about!

June 19, 2010 at 11:08 am

Pissing myself laughing at Luke Thornhill, the ENGLAND MAD editor, who has written an online letter to Wayne Rooney. A comment he made in the letter was very funny. He said that when England played Macedonia at OT and were again typically abysmal, that a guy sitting in the stands behing him was ejected for FALLING ASLEEP! Isn’t that just typical of the police state stewardism at OT?

June 19, 2010 at 3:12 pm

CraigMc I like that team. I also thought Defoe looked quite fresh so maybe benching Rooney is what we need to do.

Ive never seen Rooney play this badly before. Nothing is there. His touch is gone. He is tense and unhappy. He looks leaden footed. It is depressing to watch.

But then he had similarly bad performances for us since coming back from injury.

I heard that Rooney picked up an injury after the USA game. So maybe that was affecting him? We all know how he lies when he is injured so he can play.

Anyway I am not that bothered. Better he plays badly for England than for Manchester United. And if England get knocked out early he at least gets a month or two rest so he can come back fresh for the next season.

But if he starts playing badly for Manchester United next season then that is going to be a problem because he is the only goalscorer we have.

Gerrard was good in the USA game but then Capello switches his position to the left wing and he looked a lot less effective.

Lampard has looked awful so I think Carrick and Milner deserve another chance. Carrick may be a wimp but he is still one of the best passers in the team and we desperately need someone who can actually pass the ball.

Unfortunately like Fergie Capello is a stubborn SOB. So he will play the same team, the same tactics and we will probably fail to qualify or finish second and get soundly beaten by Germany.

And of course he will refuse to take any of the blame. When will the media wake up and turn on Capello?

June 19, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Oh the possession statistics: 55% Algeria, 45% England. And that says it all. The English disease is inability to keep the ball.

June 19, 2010 at 5:22 pm

@Johnsom33: damn harsh πŸ˜•

June 19, 2010 at 5:29 pm

@colver: I get the impression Rooney’s ankle has gone. If you watch him carefully, you will see he pulls out of most tackles, and he can’t seem to leap for the crosses to head the ball in the area, maybe because on landing he exacerbates the far from healed right ankle injury.