Reds Maul Airtricity XI

Rooney, absent for United’s pre-season tour of North America, might even have capped his return with a goal, blazing over after Gary Rogers, the St Patrick’s Athletic goalkeeper, had saved Darron Gibson’s shot His performance, though, offered more than enough evidence for Sir Alex Ferguson to consider his totemic forward ready for a rather more competitive run-out against Chelsea in Sunday’s Community Shield. […] After Hernandez’s introduction, though, that may not be enough to guarantee the former England player a starting place against Carlo Ancelotti’s team.

via Airtricity League Select XI 1 Manchester United 7: match report – Telegraph.

Quite. I don’t want to jump too readily onto the Chicharito-bandwagon because I try to wait till I see it in a proper contest, but Hernandez is making it difficult for me.

More of this in the season please. Oh, and Owen, what a great goal!

Meanwhile, all goal videos here.

August 5, 2010 at 3:59 pm

@Owen: I was only joking 😆 😆 sorry Grog!!! 😀 😀 😀

August 5, 2010 at 4:01 pm

@Owen: Your free to disagree with grognards opinion, and you certainly have in the
    Past. You don’t cross the line and start attacking grognards personally. I find that alot of newcomers just go straight for him and not his opinion.

August 5, 2010 at 4:01 pm

@Owen: I know, he was bar Fletch our best midfielder last season 🙄

4. Jeet

August 5, 2010 at 4:05 pm

@Johnsom33: Strong opinions I dont mind, but I have a problem when people refuse to even consider that there may be a possibility of their being wrong. All the people who abuse Fergie on this forum never think for a moment, that the following might just, just be a very plausible scenario:
    Fergie knows that the Glazers are screwing us and he hates them. It might even be the case that he has had rows with them. But he honestly thinks that the best way he can serve the club is by being there as a steadying influence, using all the wealth of his experience and managerial ability to bring on-field success with scarce resources and laying the foundation for the next generation of Utd. stars. He honestly thinks that a public washing of dirty linen would be disastrous and disruptive and much as he would feel like putting his feet up, he feels it is his duty to continue to serve the club till some semblance of stability is restored. It is much easier to tear down something than to protect it.
    Sounds possible? I would imagine so. Under such a situation, you can criticize him for the correctness or otherwise of his judgement, but not his intention. So, as you see, I have a problem with people who just refuse to acknowledge alternative scenarios, and jump to the worst possible conclusions about people, and a man like SAF at that. That’s not strong opinion, that’s arrogant prejudice in my book.

August 5, 2010 at 4:17 pm

@Jeet: Fergie has not covered himself in glory with his support of the Glazers, but this does not wash away everything he has done for the club.
    Maybe he is being selfish wanting the 19th title, but on the other hand he may know that with the constraints of the budget really he is the best man for the job, all in all even thinking of life without him is a scary thought.

6. Jeet

August 5, 2010 at 4:21 pm

@Stephen: My point is that with all those maybes and all that he has done for the club, there is no way he deserves the cheap abuse that he attracts from posters on this forum. How can an outsider fan be so sure of exactly what the situation is? As I said, that’s not strong opinion – it’s something else.

7. elvido

August 5, 2010 at 4:25 pm

@Johnsom33: What do you know?! Apparently Grognard can create a ruckus without even being here! 😉 😉 😆

August 5, 2010 at 4:25 pm

@Jeet: I agree, I am a big supporter and some of the names he has been called on this site is awful, but he has sided with the Yanks which isn’t ideal..

9. elvido

August 5, 2010 at 4:30 pm

@Jeet: Thing is, with that argument, you are saying that Fergie could never had anticipated the financial shit we are in when the bid came in. One, he is not that stupid and two if the whole world was awake to the fact when the bid was made, Fergie surely could have taken a stance then. Or when there was a chance of them going out with a friendly bid, he could have shown more support. And i think what gets most people ticked off are his assertions that fans don’t know what they are talking about. It’s nothing personal, no one here hates Fergie, just the frustration about the club being where it is now and the few people who have the power to do something being indifferent.

10. Jeet

August 5, 2010 at 4:35 pm

@Stephen: And how do we simpleton fans know that the siding with the Yanks is not just propriety? We see millions of unhappy couples putting up an united front for their children, dont we? I might hate my boss, but I would never, never let it show in front of my clients or my subordinates, would I? And it could also be that I am wrong and SAF is actually lining his pockets while Utd. burn, but then given his track record, let’s give him the benefit of doubt, or suspend our judgement for a while, right? It’s not as easy as abusing Ballack, but can’t be that difficult, either! Why do we have to keep abusing him on every post and at every opportunity?

11. Jeet

August 5, 2010 at 4:39 pm

@Stephen: And you know what, my the same token, one could jolly well say that Red Ranter and Grog are on the payrolls of MUST and the Red Knights for being their mouthpieces and have a hidden agenda!
    PS: I am not actually saying that, but if you must read sinister intentions into everything, there you go!

12. elvido

August 5, 2010 at 4:40 pm

@Jeet: It’s not okay to stick your head in the sand because everyone else does it. The “abuse” is directed more towards the club stagnating, all our frustrations are about the increasing debts, the rising costs and lack of transfers. Inevitably, all these lead back to the Glazers, and Fergie….. Like I said, it’s nothing personal.

13. Jeet

August 5, 2010 at 4:50 pm

@elvido: Agree with you there, mate. I think Fergie’s big mistake was to get emotional about the Rock of Gibraltar thing. He thought that if they think they are going to screw me by selling to the Glazers, let them try and I will show them that I can see it through. That was arrogance, his famous ego and obstinacy clouding his judgement, not corrupting his intentions. In one way or the other he allowed himself to be convinced that everything would be all right. But I honestly doubt that he willingly sold out to the Glazers while his beloved Utd. burnt. A man like that does not bring the passion that he does to his job at the age of seventy.

August 5, 2010 at 4:55 pm

I’m eager to see how cleverly gets on at wigan. Does anyone know who he’s gonna be competing with for minutes?

15. Jeet

August 5, 2010 at 4:57 pm

@elvido: If we are so frustrated about the debt, then let’s do something constructive about it right? Heres one idea:
    All of us start fundraising campaigns in our own countries and set it up in a way that the money goes directly to the banks, or is earmarked for transfers. Sounds funny, but there’s supposed to be hundreds of millions of Utd. fans globally. Dont you thing we could do something about it?
    Donating to MUST as an individual will get you nowhere, and abusing Fergie and boycotting matches and burning season tickets are plain counterproductive in my opinion. The club needs us fans, now more than ever.

August 5, 2010 at 5:03 pm

@Johnsom33: Hendry Thomas/Mohamed Diamé/James McCarthy/Olivier Kapo

17. elvido

August 5, 2010 at 5:05 pm

@Johnsom33: I think he will be competing for places with the likes of Diamé, Jason Koumas, James McArthur, Victor Moses, N’Zogbia, Paul Scharner, Hendry Thomas and Ben Watson.

18. elvido

August 5, 2010 at 5:09 pm

@Jeet: You are going into the realms of fantasy, my friend. Heck, if a bunch of us can’t reach a consensus here, what you are talking about is a logistical impossibility!

August 5, 2010 at 5:32 pm

@as: Listen mate, you are new here so I’ll respectfully let you in on a well known fact about this blog. It’s common knowledge to all the members her ethat over the past two years I have had a bug up my ass regarding Sir Alex Ferguson. A man I used to look up to, admire and even love from afar but a man who has become a traitor in my eyes because of his allegiance with the owners and his condemnation of groups like MUST and the Red Knights. Fact, anyone in allegiance with the Glazer’s is scum in my books. All his accomplishments and all his past greatness means nothing to me when in the end he is part of a group that systematically destroys this club by placing it in to economic ruin. Check the facts and check his quotes and actions and you will see this man is not with you or me or any of the fans, but in the camp of the enemy.

Trust me, this isn’t easy for me to take. You follow a man’s career and accomplishments for 25 years and you never question one thing that he does until two years ago when he sold Ronaldo and started on a path of lies and deceit which for me was unforgivable. Add to this the fact the has put no pressure on his bosses to support him better with money so that he could buy players with the same manner and fearlessness he did for the previous 23 years with the club. Fergie was not the type to cry about there being no value or nickel and diming over every deal. He wanted a player, he went out and bought him.

Today he is busy lying to us about why he doesn’t buy players and then he tweaks and plays with the current roster by utilizing desperate defensive and negative tactics because he knows his team isn’t good enough to play old school Man Utd football. Do you think the old Ferguson would have stuck with Scholes, EVDS, Neville and Giggs for as long as he has if it wasn’t out of desperation? Ask Robson, Hughes, Bruce, Pallister, Beckham, Stam, Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, RVN, Keane and others what happens to players who reach and pass their peak? They all used to get the exit door shown to them. But Scholes, Giggs, Neville and EVDS are allowed to continue playing into their late 60’s. Completely unacceptable and unlike the man.

Regrading his youth policy, in the past if he had great young talent like a young Neville, Scholes, Beckham etc, he found playing time for them and broke them in quickly. Now he allows talent to languish in the reserves or he sends them off on loan because he is in an untenable position. His orders are clear, keep us in the top 4 and in the Champions league at all cost because the Glazer’s need the money but don’t expect a dime for team building. What manager worth his weight in gold and in integrity would allow these bastards from Florida to continually rape and pillage this club and not do anything about it?

So I’m the bad guy eh? Start opening you mind, your eyes and ears and look at the big picture mate before you condemn me for using my god given right to speak out against a stone cold traitor. I loved that man and he broke my heart. So before you sling rocks in my direction start thinking about the facts and ask yourself if indeed I don’t have just a bit of a point. 🙂

August 5, 2010 at 5:34 pm

@as: They are massively important to the side because the manager has done nothing in regards to the transfer market. He hasn’t brought in world class replacements for aging stars like he used to do. Instead he bought a bunch of speculative prospects and has banked his whole future on them to pan out which is ludicrous in any sport. And in the meantime he puts his faith in players who are almost as old as him. It makes me sick because if you look back over 25 years, it’s not the Fergie way of getting things done.

August 5, 2010 at 5:43 pm

@PissedOffRed: Young players on United get the privilege of showing up for the Carling Cup games. Other than that it’s the old boys network and business as usual. I am not won on many of the young players as I think the majority are shit. But then again I could be wrong. Playing these kids in pressure cooker games and popping their cherries is vital if he expects them to ever be first team players. But the fact is he cannot afford to sacrifice points in the standings. The Glazer’s are desperate that the club stay in the top four in order to still get the kind of money they require to fill their personal coffers. And Fergie also has the grand ambition of a third Champions league title for himself as well as breaking the EPL record for championships. Something he feels he can accomplish with his current squad so instead of playing the young, he goes with experience. I understand where he is coming form in that respect but then I will never understand how he just passively sits back and doesn’t spend any real money in the transfer market. He can cry and bitch all he wants about value not existing but then a player like Mesut Ozil pops up and at 12 million he is certainly an enormous bargain and yet he isn’t buying him. Why not? Newsflash!!! Ozil was great all season long for Bremen, not just in the World Cup. He was also great for Germany’s under 21 team that won the EUROS. For me he is a lot more proven than most of the names and players Fergie has spent money on like Smalling and Diouf for example. Just a poor lack of vision and no ability to evaluate great talent for a midfield that is in desperate need for some.

August 5, 2010 at 5:45 pm

@Owen: And you’ve slagged off Ferguson.

August 5, 2010 at 5:45 pm

@as: Chelsea’s midfield is nothing special? 😯 Seriously mate, take those blinders off. Your bias is blinding you. 🙄

August 5, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Personal abuse on fellow commenters is where I draw the line.

August 5, 2010 at 5:49 pm

@Red Ranter: Yes i did because he was just telling lies but what Scholsey has done to get that type of abuse.He was just our best midfielder last season and scored the most important goal of the season.Is this his crime?

August 5, 2010 at 5:55 pm

@Jeet: Don’t be so naive mate. Stick that political correctness crap where the sun doesn’t shine. Seriously, when somebody infers that I am racist because I played on the name Chicarhito by calling him Chihuahua or Chimichanga gets my blood into a boil. If you want a squeaky clean PC blog where your pseudo Christian values are being properly utilized, may I suggest the official Man Utd forum where never a discouraging word is ever uttered because the thought police over there are never sleeping. The glazer’s pay them good money to make sure only views like yours are ever published. As for this blog, it’s for open minded people who voice their views both positive and negative and utilize their rights to free speech and expression. Personal insults are strictly verboten but then so are the views of thought police like yourself who love to step on the rights of others when they speak about people who are in the public eye or who are open to abuse. Members on this blog are not open to negative and nasty comment, but players, owners, managers and teams are fair game.

Finally, it take somebody with an awful lot of sack to come on to a blog as a newbie and infer that a 4 year member of this blog is a racist. Overreact much? 🙄 🙄

August 5, 2010 at 5:57 pm

1.Javier Zanetti – 37 years ,Inter Milan ,played most matches under Mourinho.
    2.Roberto Carlos : Played till 34 years for Real Madrid
    3.Maldini – Till 40 years for Milan
    4.Zidane – Till 35 years for RM.
    5.Figo – Till 36 for Inter.

And the list goes on.So if they can play ,then why not Scholsey and Giggs who are still performing.

August 5, 2010 at 6:08 pm

@Owen: What a total pile of nonsense. Who are you to tell anyone else who they can and cannot abuse mate? First of all, let me go on record right now and say that I dislike many players on our team. I either hate the way they play or their personalities or both. Anderson is a key example of that. As for Scholes and Neville, well I insult the way they play, not them as people. I think that at their age they totally suck 90% of the time on the field and I really don’t give a rats ass if others are offended by it. In fact i feel offended when people come out against my right to feel that way. I have no problem with those who blindly love these guys out of an immature childish loyalty.

Remember, these are footballers who play for a team that I love like I love my favourite kind of toothpaste. United is and always will be a product, a piece of merchandise that I buy into because it gives me great satisfaction and joy. These people are strangers to me and I to them. So to demand that i show respect or loyalty to complete strangers who could care less about my existence borders on high stupidity. Get a proper perspective and look at things from a mature and more detached perspective and you will see that I am right. I love watching De Niro, Brando, Pacino in movies but i could care less about them as people because I do not or did not know them personally. Who know, if I met them in real life I might really love them or despise them, but the fact is I don’t. So if I review one of their movies and say it sucked or that they sucked, I do so because I have that right as a paying fan. It’s part of the business mate and players and managers all know this. One day you are a God and the next you suck int heir eyes. It’s the trials and tribulations of fandom and and sports fans, movie fans etc are all fickle in nature.

So if I rant against a player or Fergie I do so because it is my right and privilege. Nobody has the right to tell me I can’t over some ridiculous act of chivalry. What I don’t have a right to do is to abuse fellow members of this blog in the manner some abuse me and constantly step on my freedoms and rights of expression. It matters not if we agree with each other. It matters that we respect each others rights to express our views on a subject that is public domain.

August 5, 2010 at 6:13 pm

@Johnsom33: Thanks for that mate but let me also add that I am not the only one on here that slags Scholes and Neville (I never slag Giggs). I am also no the only one who puts down Fergie or the team and how it is playing or being run. But I am the loudest and the most passionate I guess so most of the abuse and intolerance. What gets me is that I am supposed to show tolerance for these players and Fergie but so many seem to not want to show me any tolerance. I call that hypocritical and a major double standard by those who are guilty and they know wheo they are……………..Don’t they Owen? 😀

August 5, 2010 at 6:14 pm

@Stephen: Maybe you shouldn’t. 😉 😀 😀

August 5, 2010 at 6:15 pm

@Owen: BOO FUCKING HOO for Scholsey. 😥 😥 😥 Live with it mate. We all have to endure disappointments in life. 😥 😥 😥

August 5, 2010 at 6:16 pm

@Owen: Which Germans criticized Scholes? 😕 😕

August 5, 2010 at 6:19 pm

@Stephen: I know you were and I was too. Honestly, I don’t really care if people on here hate Ballack because I understand why they do. I love the guy so I swallow the pill but what I do not like is when they put his stats or accomplishments down and don’t base their argument and hatred on facts. To be honest, I have been down on him too ever since he went to Chelsea and became a cunt. But for Germany I love the guy and loved him when he was with Bayern. I’m glad he finally left Chelsea because it helps me feel cleaner. 😀

August 5, 2010 at 6:23 pm

GROGNARD – A TYPICAL GERMAN

August 5, 2010 at 6:23 pm

@Owen:
    Just like you believe abusing Ferguson (for all he’s done at the club) is justified, so is Grognard on Scholes. It’s all a matter of opinion and one can’t draw a line.

Whether I agree with the abuse on Scholes or not is not my business. Paul Scholes is not a fellow commenter on this blog. So abuse, justified or unjustified, on players has to be allowed here. And so is praise. In my opinion Scholes is one my favourite players at United. Doesn’t mean I take abuse directed at some footballer personally.

Jesus, you’ve been on this blog for so long and you don’t understand the basic rules of the blog? Here, read the comments policy: http://redrants.com/comments-policy/

August 5, 2010 at 6:27 pm

@Johnsom33: Thanks again for that astute observation. You are right. It amazes me how my views are not just disagreed with or debated over. Rather, they just take offence to me as a person and attack my person or my rights to freely express myself. I have always said that disagreeing with me was never a problem although I may debate a point with heat and passion, I do respect the other viewpoint (unless it has to do with somebody loving the Glazer’s.). What gets me is that in my personal life I get along so well with people and they all generally like being around me but on this blog i have made enemies based on my views. Problem is that a lot of passionate views are in written form and if people could actually hear me and see me speak they might see that my attitude and personality regarding many topics isn’t a stern and uncompromising as it may come across online. I am pretty casual but i do admit to being a bit old school and demanding people show a certain amount of cordiality and respect in situations. Still, I do not come out of every argument on here faultless. I have made mistakes and gotten angry or out of line at times too. I’m far from perfect but I do believe that too many would love to organize a lynching party with a tree and rope with my name on it. 😀

August 5, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Taking abuses hurled at footballers personally is just silly.

August 5, 2010 at 6:29 pm

I do not for the life of me understand why we aren’t going for Ozil. If value is the sole motivating factor in our transfer policy you are not going to get better value than Ozil. He wants to leave his club. He has one month left on his contract. No-one else seems to be moving particularly fast. All it would take is a 15 million pound bid and he’d be ours. Hell we could probably snap him up for 12 million.

Playing a waiting game in the hope that it will drive his price down a couple more million assuming no-one else bites or hoping to nab him in January when he will be half the price is foolish.

The player is open to a move to us. He is cheap as dirt. What are we waiting for?

If we don’t have the funds sell Anderson, Carrick or Berbatov I don’t really care. We need Ozil.

If I see Chelsea or Barcelona or Real Madrid snap him up I will pull my hair out.

If we do not have the money or the sense to buy Ozil then I give up on us. Im not one of these guys who is content to pray for average players like Gibson and Anderson to come good, or who is happy watching Scholes and Giggs slowly fade away. I want a player who will enable us to compete with the other midfields in the world and in Ozil there is a player who could be word class in just a few seasons and available at a cut price.

August 5, 2010 at 6:32 pm

but Ballack IS a cunt.

August 5, 2010 at 6:33 pm

@Red Ranter: But you should tell the other party also to read the comments policy as he has also abused the fellow posters some days before only.But then he was just allowed and not shown the link for Comments policy.

August 5, 2010 at 6:40 pm

@Jeet: Have you ever considered that you maybe the person that is wrong? Your theory regarding Ferguson is nothing more than wishful thinking and looking at the glass half full. My theories about Fergie may be unpopular but look at the evidence that is piling up against him and then look me straight in the eye and say that I have no point or I am full of shit. I wasn’t the one who cam e out at least a half dozen times and publicly backed and praised the Glazer’s. I am not the one who turned his back on the thousands of hard core United fans who separated from the club in 2005 when the Glazer’s took over out of protest. I wasn’t the one who condemned the fans for their green ad gold scarves or for the MUST campaign. I wasn’t the one who made fun of and condemned the Red Knights for banding together in order to bid and take over the club and save it from the Glazer’s. I’m not the one who continues to lie from the side of his mouth about the Ronaldo money and the lack of value in the transfer market while not having a penny to spend (something the year end accounting records that went public clearly indicated). And finally, I am not the one who has installed a negative, slow and plodding style of play to our teams game plans and who continues to ignore the glaring weaknesses on the team and plays men who are well past their expiry date. No mate, I’m not the one but those are all very valid and highly visible examples of Fergie’s actions against the best interest of the club and the millions of loyal supporters of Manchester United.

You can choose to ignore the facts and conjure up wishful scenarios of what you think is going on, it does not take away from the fact that my argument is based on hard and very hard to refute evidence that portrays the Gaffer in a very negative light indeed. I do not live in the past mate. The past is the past. I am not even as concerned with the present. It’s the future of this club that concerns me and the role Fergie is playing that will lead this club to financial ruin. 800 million pounds and counting. Keep ignoring this and who the old man has gotten into bed with and one day I guarantee you a ruse awakening and these following words echoing in your brain “Grognard was right after all”. And if he isn’t, then show me proof not wishful flights of fancy. 🙄

August 5, 2010 at 6:41 pm

@Stephen: And I agree with this. Under the present situation he is not only the best man for the job, he is the only man for the job. But that knowledge or fact does not take away from his guilt in this massive crime against all of us and this great club.

August 5, 2010 at 6:46 pm

@elvido: You don’t have to be there to know what is happening. We are living in the age of technology and the Internet. Infinite bits of info at our fingertips and the IQ and wherewithal to sift through it and find out the truths. The team’s financial records are available for all to see as are all the games. People who can only see from as far out as their back yard love to point the finger at those who follow from afar. Very closed minded and really quite visionless and pedestrian don’t you think? I am a highly trained and very educated person mate. i don’t need to be in Old Trafford to see what’s happening with the team. 🙄

August 5, 2010 at 6:51 pm

@elvido: For me Fergie is similar to my former spouse. A person I loved and respected but at the end, a person who betrayed me and fucked off with the money. Now why am I suppose to be tolerant and understanding to him after all the things he has done against me, the fans and the team over the past few years? Why? My ex gave me ten great years and many great memories but am I suppose to forgive her for her betrayal or even worse, ignore that it even happened just because she was fantastic towards me for ten years before that? Fergie has betrayed all of us and the sooner all of you come to this realization, the sooner this club will be closer to it’s salvation. Until then we have to put up with those who have blindfolds on, and excessive wax in their ears.

45. Jeet

August 5, 2010 at 6:51 pm

@Grognard:
    Grogdog, my pts:
    1. Stick it up your Nazi-Canuck bum yourself. May I point out to Red Ranter and fellow posters that I did not call you racist. I merely questioned what Red Ranter sees as appropriate. You asked me to stick my PC crap up where the sun doesnt shine, so I am retorting in a non-PC manner that you should not find offensive.
    2. I am not Christian by birth or pseudo Christian by belief. In fact, I have a deep abhorrence for all organized religions.
    3. Why bring the Glazers into it? This is not about them, it is about what is considered appropriate on this blog.
    4. Your being on the blog for years in no way rules out the possibility of your being a racist whatever, as it does not rule out the possibility of my opinion being correct, despite my being a “newbie”.

August 5, 2010 at 6:55 pm

@Jeet: you could make a direct deposit to the bank that carries their pik loan to help them pay it off but that is still essentially giving it to the glazers.

47. Jeet

August 5, 2010 at 6:56 pm

@elvido: Its called leadership, mate. Another idea – why dont the fans in the UK petition their local MPs to bring to a spotlight about the way the FA’s lack of administrative bite is allowing one of the greatest sporting institutions of the world to be jeopardized. Or should we all agree that besides abusing Fergie, burning season tickest and boycotting merchandise, there’s nothing else can do???

August 5, 2010 at 6:57 pm

@Jeet: Nazi/Canuck ass? Ouch! That smarts a bit. Listen mate, I made my point. I’m no racist but if I feel the urge to call a player Chimichanga or whatever, it’s not for you to come on here and get all pc about it. And that’s exactly what you did. And regardless of whether you are religious or not, you closed minded pc ass came across as very condescending and repressive to my freedom to express myself. If you cannot see that, it’s not for me to educate you. So if you want to revert to name calling that’s up to you. Again I’ll tell you where you can take your views and stick them. No on second thought, I’ll let you use your imagination. Nazi/Canuck out. Perhaps I should change my moniker form Grognard to Nazi/Canuck. I rather like it. 😀 😀

Oh an I don’t much care for Grogdog. Not very nice I must say. Now back to your sandbox with all the other kids.

August 5, 2010 at 6:58 pm

@Grognard: Z germans 😆

August 5, 2010 at 6:59 pm

@Jeet: Mate fans represent what are their own set of values in different ways. Fanhood is a complicated things, but then you probably know that. It is better in my thinking to work through fan organisations like MUST, because they are fans and have the fans interest and the clubs LONG TERM interest at heart. Something David Gill and Fergie forget when they are attacking the fans who are every bit as faithful as they are. However I agree with you that there are ways to fund raise, and to work with the Man Utd fan base at large. I don’t agree with your thinking that those who boycott home games, and have given up season tickets, and refuse to but anything that will put money into the club that will NOT reduce our debt, but just pay off yearly interest and the rest raped by the Glazers every fucking year to support their lavish lifestyle and crumbling business empire. Their empire has crumbled Jeet because they hock all their business assets by purchasing and piling in the debt. That tells me that they NEVER really owned anything. It is the club and fans finances that the Glazers are enjoying themselves with, whilst leaving us and the club in more and more shit holes of debt. But I know you know that too Jeet. I am not swearing at you by the way mate, but those Glazer bastards would make the angels swear. Anyway I appreciate every fan who has taken a stand, and refused to continue to see our beloved club go further and further down the debt tubes without doing whatever they can about it. If you don’t believe that the green’gold campaign have done any good Jeet, then think about the panic inside OT that produced PUMPED UP marketing campaign to push season tickets and commercial ones. They employed extra staff to work feverishly on it – that cost a tidy bit, and still they had to put thousands of season tickets on open sale – never heard of before at OT. Also think about the latest sweetener, the Glazer’s sending vouchers for free beer, pies, and passes for dining etc etc etc with the season tickets purchased. I’d say the green/gold campaign is having a great impact mate 🙂 .