According to a report by Spanish publication AS, Reguilon is in a dilemma over two teams.
The report states that Reguilon is having difficulty choosing between Manchester United and Sevilla.
Reguilon knows that joining United would be great for his career. It’s clearly the better offer- salary-wise and he would also be a starter in a big, historic club like United. However, United won’t accept a buyback clause or an option to match offers for him. A move to United could mean his chances of playing for Real Madrid in the future are over.
On the other hand, the defender is also pondering to buy some time and join Sevilla on loan for another season.
The familiar surroundings of the city and the team setup would not take time getting used to. Moving to Sevilla would also mean that he could challenge for a starting spot in the Real Madrid line-up after his loan deal expires.
Real Madrid are not keen on making any big signings this summer. Instead, they are looking to sell their fringe players to raise funds for future signings. The sale of James Rodriguez to Everton and Ashraf Hakimi to Inter Milan is proof of that.
The Spanish champions are currently happy with their left-back options. Ferland Mendy has performed well this season and Marcelo’s abilities are never in doubt.
Real Madrid are ready to sell Reguilon to any side who can match their asking of around €30 million.
Manchester United are also looking to strengthen their left-back spot. Luke Shaw’s injuries make him unreliable and Brandon Williams is too unpolished to take responsibility for a starting role.
With the new Premier League season beginning next week and the market open for just another month, both Reguilon and United have to decide their futures quickly.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash