With less than 48 hours for the transfer window to shut off, clubs will look to make quick moves.
Manchester United have had a torrid transfer window with just one signing – Donny Van de Beek. Edinson Cavani is due with his medicals today too.
There’s no signifcant change for the Jadon Sancho deal too.
However, United identified 23-year-old French winger Ousmane Dembele as Sancho’s alternative.
Earlier this week, reports suggested that the deal is hard to go through as Dembele doesn’t want to move and Barcelona are looking for a permanent deal – not a loan which United wants.
Barcelona’s Technical Secretary Ramon Planes denied any talks with United regarding Dembele.
However, The Times’ journalist Duncan Castles claims that Dembele has agreed to move to Old Trafford if they give him a long-term contract.
As aforementioned – United wants a loan deal. However, now, both Barca and Dembele wants a permanent, long-term move.
As per Castles, an offer around £65m could be enough to lure Dembele away from the Catalan club.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills