Manchester United left-back Brandon Williams has been urged to move out of the club to find regular game time. [source- TalkSport]
A Premier league agent, talking to The Athletic, said:
“Younger lads that didn’t go on loan will force a move. The Carabao Cup is out of the window for the next two months as the rounds have already been played”.
“Brandon Williams doesn’t want to be No 3 left-back at United.
“He would be absolutely mental to not go somewhere like Leeds or Southampton. Or a top-half Championship club.”
Williams enjoyed a breakout campaign last season. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer used him regularly last season in the Premier League. He started 25 games in all competitions and was the preferred choice in the Europa League.
That situation is set to change this season.
The arrival of Brazilian left-back Alex Telles from Porto is going to pit him against Luke Shaw for the starting berth in the team sheets. Brandon Williams would be pushed aside, only playing in smaller cup fixtures.
The defender has to move to gain much needed experience under his belt, if he wants to challenge for a regular spot in the team in the future.
A move to Leeds is unlikely, with the newcomers already having signed nine players this season
Premier League club Southampton were interested in Brandon Williams.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester United prepared to lose Paul Pogba for free next summer
- Paul Merson explains why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cannot quit Man Utd job
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta