Manchester United left-back Brandon Williams has been urged to move out of the club to find regular game time. [source- TalkSport]
A Premier league agent, talking to The Athletic, said:
“Younger lads that didn’t go on loan will force a move. The Carabao Cup is out of the window for the next two months as the rounds have already been played”.
“Brandon Williams doesn’t want to be No 3 left-back at United.
“He would be absolutely mental to not go somewhere like Leeds or Southampton. Or a top-half Championship club.”
Williams enjoyed a breakout campaign last season. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer used him regularly last season in the Premier League. He started 25 games in all competitions and was the preferred choice in the Europa League.
That situation is set to change this season.
The arrival of Brazilian left-back Alex Telles from Porto is going to pit him against Luke Shaw for the starting berth in the team sheets. Brandon Williams would be pushed aside, only playing in smaller cup fixtures.
The defender has to move to gain much needed experience under his belt, if he wants to challenge for a regular spot in the team in the future.
A move to Leeds is unlikely, with the newcomers already having signed nine players this season
Premier League club Southampton were interested in Brandon Williams.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides contract update about Manchester United star
- Manchester United unwilling to let Daniel James leave
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid