Manchester United are finally close to adding a second player into their squad this summer. And it is quite a surprise.
According to Italian transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano, Manchester United are very close to completing a move for star striker Edinson Cavani. He will fly to Manchester tomorrow and have his medicals.
United are going to sign Cavani on a free transfer. The Uruguayan striker is out of a club after seeing out his contract with French champions Paris Saint Germain.
However, the Red Devils are paying a hefty sum to agents and the player himself. Romano reports that United are going to pay Cavani a wage deal worth €10m per year. The striker is joining on a two-year contract.
Sky Sports journalist Jim White further confirms that Cavani will earn £200k+ per week [or €220k+ per week].
The only major detail still left to hash out is the agent fees. Cavani’s agent is asking for a mind-blowing amount of €10 million.
The winger is set to fly to England tomorrow to complete the deal.
Manchester United have done extraordinarily well to snap up a world-class striker who has attracted interest from all over the world.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups