Manchester United forward Alexis Sanchez is set to join Internazionale on a free transfer, according to reliable sources.
The Chilean international has spent this past season on loan at the Italian giants following an unsuccessful spell at Old Trafford.
Sanchez still has two years left on his deal with us, worth in excess of £500,000-a-week, but has agreed to reduce his income with a move to Inter. This means Manchester United will be saving over £50 million by moving him onto the Italian side, even if we do not receive any transfer fee.
The 31-year-old joined in an exchange deal with Arsenal that saw Henrikh Mkhitaryan go in the opposite direction in January 2018.
Alexis Sanchez made just 33 Premier League appearances (20 starts) for us, scoring just three goals.
Reliable Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio says that Sanchez will sign a three-year deal at the San Siro. He will join up with fellow former Manchester United players Romelu Lukaku and Ashley Young.
However, Inter’s latest signing will not be available for them during the restart of the Europa League this week. Antonio Conte’s side are on the opposite half of the draw to Manchester United, with many feeling we could meet each other in the final.
Manchester United’s second leg versus LASK takes place tomorrow.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills