Anthony Martial praised Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for his brilliant goal tally this season. Martial believes increased game time and trust of Solskjaer resulted in his most successful season at Old Trafford.
Martial struggled under former United boss Jose Mourinho who openly criticized him. Mourinho also took away the #9 shirt from Martial and gave it to Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Romelu Lukaku. Martial shifted to the left-wing and was unhappy at United.
The 24-year-old ended the campaign with 23 goals- making him club’s top scorer. Martial talked to the Inside United magazine and had this to say:
“I think it’s down to the fact that I’ve enjoyed more game time. I’ve played in practically every game and so I think it’s all about consistency.
“In previous seasons I haven’t been able to feature as regularly; I’d be on the bench quite a bit and other times I’d be starting, which was quite difficult. Whereas right now I know that the coach has faith in me and I’m confident of starting the next match. So, I’m giving everything I can to pay back that trust he has shown.“
He added: “I’m hungry for all goals because, for me, a goal is a goal. So simply by managing to score more of a simple kind of goal, I know that I’ll score a lot more in total. It’s something that we work on a lot in training and I then try and reproduce that in a match situation.”
Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, and Mason Greenwood have formed a fearsome front three for Manchester United scoring 65 goals between them this season.
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer’s philosophy of playing bold, attacking football is paying dividends in the red half of Manchester and the resurgence of Anthony Martial is a proof of that.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash