Apparently I am North Korea…

… well, blame the Sun for that.

I was contacted by the Sun a couple of days ago in some sweep stake thing, and they have drawn me to represent North Korea. I’ll support N Korea so that you don’t have to. Here’s the video:

Incidentally, our friends at RoM have been handed Brazil. He did an interview with me today, so check it out here.

Of course, I’m excited about the world cup. And I will hope to enjoy this month to the fullest.

1. Annie

June 11, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Still cheering on United, as according to Zack Effron* (sp?) Manchester United will win the World Cup. 😛

*Sorry to bring the tone down, heh.

June 11, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Don’t underestimate the French, they may be in shambles but they are still loaded with talent.

3. Will

June 11, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Technically he said ‘Korea’ which means you could have North and/Or South… Just think of Park Ji-Sung when your making that decision. (ok so i know thats the North Korean flag but still.)

June 12, 2010 at 1:35 am

RR, which one is you? :mrgreen:

5. Nukeleus

June 12, 2010 at 9:33 am

depressed that he just said “Korea” and the other dude didn’t even question him… 😯

6. Chicharito

June 12, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Park Ji Sung Baby!!! 😛

June 12, 2010 at 4:55 pm

congrats on the win :mrgreen:

8. Just1n

June 14, 2010 at 8:58 am

I was at the France v Uruguay match and France look nothing like World Champions. I’m just hoping that South Africa get the win against Uruguay and make it to the 2nd round. It will be tragic if we don’t get out of the first round.

June 14, 2010 at 9:29 pm

I have moved to this thread because the other is FAR to slow now, and this thread is world cup related! I didn’t get to watch the Italy/Paraguay game, as the only one I caught today was the Holland game. So what was the Italy/Paraguay game like then? Was it a good watchable game? Entertaining or a big fat bore – any of you who saw it. Who scored?

June 14, 2010 at 9:31 pm

@Just1n: You were at the France game, are you a South African then mate, or were you a tourist there for the WC?

11. despicable

June 15, 2010 at 11:23 am

@CraigMc: Hmm… paraguay played well, and italy looked out of sort.. looking forward for Brazil today…

June 15, 2010 at 11:42 am

@despicable: Aaaagh thanks mate – at last someone who seems to have watched that game! So Paraguay played a little better than Italy eh?

13. Abu

June 16, 2010 at 8:19 am

Zoran Tosic is gone?! I mean he had a good time at Koln… Why is he a “flop”
    So where are we headed??

June 16, 2010 at 9:02 am

@Abu: He is a flop because Nani is hit ,Giggs is evergreen and Obertan is real value of money 🙄

June 16, 2010 at 9:05 am

Thank God for the BBC – after so many complaints about the deafening noise and droning monotony of the vuvuzelas by viewers, they are considering showing the WC games on their red button service cutting out the sound of the vuvuzelas – thank the Lord for that. It will be so good to get back to hearing normal commentary. Thing is, does anyone know if this will also cut out the singing and chanting of the fans – because I will miss that if it does? So all you Brits with BBC red button service could be in luck and save your ears from any further bleeding 🙂 .

June 16, 2010 at 9:11 am

@Owen: You seeing the latest headlines mate, that Real Madrid’s president is obsessed with Rooney, and is saying because of Man United financial situation he knows its not impossible to get Rooney if they cough up 80 million as they did for Ronaldo! Well guess we will see IF he is speaking the truth, but I wouldn’t put it past the Glazer’s in flogging Rooney for said large amount of dosh – the state their finances are in. If tthey do, then I feel very sorry for all the United fans who bought season tickets and yet again will see the team STARless!

June 16, 2010 at 9:25 am

@CraigMc: Selling Rooney will bring riots in Manchester and Glazers will not be able to survive.If they really want to be the owners of this club for longer period,then the last thing they will try is to sell Rooney or to sack Fergie.
    But i am also sure that Rooney will definitely play for Madrid after 3-4 years .I don’t know why but i am not much confident about his loyalty to club and dont think he will end his career at OT like Scholesy,Giggsy and Evra.

June 16, 2010 at 9:34 am

But Getting 100 million for Rooney is not that bad either.He is not more than 60 million.Selling Rooney ,Tosic and Vidic mean 140 millions and if Fergie spends that amount then team will look like:

Neuer
    Rafael Chiellini Rio Evra
    Krasic Fletcher Gourcuff Nani
    Benzema Dzeko

And this team looks great.

Neuer – 15 million
    Chiellini -20 million
    Krasic – 12 million
    Gourcuff – 22 million
    Benzema – 20 million
    Dzeko – 30 million

Total =120 million.

June 16, 2010 at 9:35 am

@Owen: Rooney has said he wants to stay at OT for his career, but he also told Fergie that he expected him to bring in at least two top STAR players, and definately someone who could share the burden with him regarding goal scoring. This is increasingly less likely looking, but we will have to wait and see. But if expected Vida, and Evra etc go, then I cannot see Rooney wanting to continue in a team with few star players, but then that’s just my thinking mate, doesn’t mean it will happen 😆 .

June 16, 2010 at 9:39 am

@Owen: That’s just your wishful thinking Owen 🙂 . I cannot see STAR players coming to United, IF people like Rooney, Vida and other of our best players leave!

June 16, 2010 at 9:41 am

@CraigMc: Evra will not leave OT as long as Fergie remains here.He is well on the way to get the status of Legend here and after next season will be the Captain of such a prestigious club like United.He is a humble guy ,has passion for the club and has always stated that this club has played an important role to turn him from an average player to a World Class player.

June 16, 2010 at 9:42 am

When is England’s next game for goodness sake – I noticed on one tv site it says thursday and another Friday 🙄 . I’m beginning to think even the media are not sure!

June 16, 2010 at 10:08 am

@CraigMc: The media in our country bro want us to loose as do a lot of other nations, if we get going and go on a good run we caqn still go a reasonable distance.
    We need to be a little cuter with our system rather than be ridgid with a 4-4-2.

June 16, 2010 at 10:31 am

@Stephen: Yeah I get tha feeling too mate, at least from some quarters of the media – but then we always get that. What amazes me Stephen is how all the other nations seem to have a downer on England. Gobshite Beckenbaur has more to say about England than he does about Germany, and that is after his German team had won. The USA team who only managed a draw with us because of Rob Greens gifted goal are going on about England as they have been from the beginning. They again talk more about England than their own team. By the way Stephen what’s your take on the whole Rooney situation, and Real M saying they KNOW they can get him if they are willing to meet the 80 million needed! Perez is obsessed with obtaining Rooney no matter what the cost! If those bastards Glazers sell, then United should ask for some of their top players in the deal this time!

June 16, 2010 at 10:46 am

@CraigMc: I personally don’t feel Rooney will ever leave, I cannot see him setting into life in Spain. Also Fergie would kick up massively about him being sold and over his dead body I am sure would have been relayed!! Regarless of what so think Fergie isn’t a total lap dog to the Glazers and certainly would not allow the sale of a player who he adores and does also not want to leave.
    Truthfully England have nothing to do with Beckenbauer and beating a ten man Aussie side is hardly a gage, all sides will get better and lets hope England are one of them. If we can get Rooney, Gerrard, Lamapard and Joe Cole firing on all seasons we will be a match for anyone.

June 16, 2010 at 10:55 am

@Stephen: Hope your right about Rooney not wanting to leave. There is an inkling going around that Man Pity have agreed to Man Utd approaching Robhino, with a view to bringing him to Old Trafford in 30 million deal – thing is though, if its true who are they bargaining from us in return! I think Robinho would be a great player alongside Rooney – what do you think mate?

June 16, 2010 at 11:05 am

@CraigMc: Robinho looked good last night but a Citeh he was a real homer and never played well away.
    For me up front Benzema was be a good option, but feel if we have any money at all we need to have some major surgery on the midfield. We need two top centre mids, one going forward and a holer and a natural left sider. People keep talking about Krasic but he plys on the right where we have Nani, Valencia, Park and even Hargo and Fletch can do a job there. On the left we only have Giggs,I know Nani has played there but he is much suited to the right as we saw against Le Arse.

June 16, 2010 at 11:21 am

@Stephen: Now StephenI have to deliberate with you here on two counts mate:-
    1. Benzema would not have his heart with us, because he would only be here because Real Madrid his dream club don’t want him anymore. I don’t like that Bro, I want people who really want to play for United.
    2. How could you mate – if we get another left winger, then because of all the options for the RW spot mi man Nani would have so many less games – and you know I cannot allow that Stephen 😆 , so go back to the drawing board mate, and come back with a team that includes ROBINHO! I can’t help it, I just like the lad. Also how many of the United players ae great away from hom – the strikers that is? Most of them are not very good at home – we would have been out the top 4 without our maestro Own-Goal-inho. So don’t just turn on Robinho because he might not be as great away from home! I can’t believe City would even consider selling him to us, there has to be a catch to this if it is true. Oh how I would love it to be true though!

June 16, 2010 at 11:26 am

@CraigMc: Robinho is good or bad at present,i dont know.But one thing is sure that he will bring some much needed excitement to our game which has become very boring now after departure of Ronaldo.Only Nani provides some those exciting moments.It will be great to watch Nani and Robinho linking with each other and moving the ball at high pace.

June 16, 2010 at 11:32 am

@CraigMc: 😀 😀 😀 Benzema for me is a class act mate, his temperment is somewhat questionable I will but hopefully he would now have learned his lesson and know what side his bread is buttered on!! :mrgreen:
    Robinho’s heart has to questioned bro, if you point fingers at Benzema then look at a player who only signed for City for the money, and then cannot play away from home and gets homesick!! 😛
    We do though agree we need a player with a spark, a fantasy player as the Itlians put it, oh by the way is Kaka the most overrated player in the World at the moment??? 😯

June 16, 2010 at 12:11 pm

@Stephen: Kaka and Ribery are the 2 most overrated player in the right now.

June 16, 2010 at 2:09 pm

@Owen: That’s what I think Owen, I would love to see Robinho, Rooney and Nani at his best in our front line, I don’t know what it is about Robinho but I do like the lad. I cannot imagine the gossip is true though, because Fergie is more likely to have 30 pennies than he is 30 million quid 🙄 .

June 16, 2010 at 2:10 pm

@Stephen: Well with a name like Kaka – can you expect anything else but Kack mate – he has the right shit name to be just that – Kack!

June 16, 2010 at 2:19 pm

@CraigMc: Then Fergie should be sent on loan to Madrid for 1 year so that he will learn how to spend money . 🙄

June 16, 2010 at 4:50 pm

@CraigMc: Looking at Spainish result mate, people think England are bad!!! 😆 😆 😆

June 16, 2010 at 4:59 pm

@Stephen: 😆 😆 😆 you just never know in football, always some very unexpected results 😆 . Spain is one of them!

June 16, 2010 at 5:11 pm

I am literally in tears of joy after Switzerland’s dramatic upset of Spain 1-0. I am happy that Spain got humbled and that Ottmar Hitzfeld, one of my all time favourite managers beat them with a great game plan of parking the bus and counter attacking with enough composure and poise to snatch a goal. And they should have had a couple with any luck. Nothing makes me happier than when the Spaniards lose. A dagger in the heart of that entire nation. I love it. Now if Chile could beat them or at least get a point, then Spain could be out of the World Cup altogether. Fat chance of that happening but you never know, todays game could not have been good for their confidence.

June 16, 2010 at 5:24 pm

@Grognard: Remember I told you that Spain might have to play Brazil in pre-quarters and you said no ,it is not possible 🙄

June 16, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Don’t want to buy the new Glazer shirt United will be wearing next season? Then try this. The official One Love shirt from MUST. Half the price of Glazer shirt, and all the profits go to the British Heart Foundation. Not one penny goes to the Glazers.

June 16, 2010 at 6:50 pm

@Owen: Yes I did say that and I was wrong. And the great thing is if one of these two could get knocked out in the round of 16 by the other it would be just too sweet. Still, I’d prefer to just see Spain not advance. It would be great soul food.

June 16, 2010 at 7:03 pm

@Grognard: But actually you were right.Spain will still win their group.

June 16, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Spanish game was great to watch. Especially as a good chunk of their team came from Barcelona, the team I hate the most in the world! Just shows you that possession isn’t the be-all and end. They reminded me of Barcelona when we played them in 2007/8. Faggy passing but no real cutting edge in the final 1/3.

But then teams take a while to warm up so I wouldn’t write Spain off yet. But if they mess up their group and finish second, a tie with Brazil could come too soon and they could get knocked out and I would rejoice if that happens!

All the big teams apart from Germany are starting slowly. Maybe it is the altitude, the new ball, who knows.

There is no way I want Robinho at Old Trafford. He is a typical South American. Just cares about playing for his country and treats club football as an inconvenience. He has bags of talent but his attitude is awful. I remember the circumstances in which he left Real Madrid-having a go at them for not recognising his genius and basically forcing a move to Manchester City.

I am looking forward to getting a closer look at Alexis Sanchez. Ive heard good things about him and we could use a forward who is more exciting and lively than the slug Berbatov.

Hopefully we’ll get to see Hernandez in action. If he produces some good performances, he may actually get some first team chances with us rather than rotting on the bench like the rest of our cheap foreign imports.

June 16, 2010 at 7:52 pm

@Traverse: I love that shirt Trav and its exactly the same quality as the Glazer/United Aon shirts but half the price – great value at 19.99 as opposed to glazer grabbing official club shirts for double the price. Sadly though they are only making 5000 special addition of the one-love shirts, so their will be some that will miss out! Good for MUST though, and good for the charity to benefit from sales. I am trying to get my hands on one 😆 .

June 16, 2010 at 7:57 pm

@CraigMc: Craig mate, im glad its not just me whose a fan of robinho. The player i mean, not the person.
    I have said countless times to people i know the guy is quality, but as a person he is a total fool, and unless everything is perfect for him he doesnt show up.
    Now dont get me wrong, things are hardly great here, but i think playing at OT is a stage he would thrive on. Playing alongside rooney and nani, i think we would see more of the robinho who plays for brazil rather than the robinho who plays club football.
    However as you say were skint, so its a bit of a non story from the beginning. Unless of course they want vidic as part of the deal which again i think wont happen and despite being reported today is a non story.
    Think its time the press get real and see we dont have a pot to piss in. A few more stories linking us with henry, ballack, even zidane and figo are a bit more beliveable. Still us fans can dream eh.

June 16, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Damn good goal from Forlan. Shame it never worked out with him and us. I do like him as a player.

June 16, 2010 at 7:59 pm

@colver: Colver how can you say that mate? Real M didn’t play Robinho and were offering him to every Tom, Dick and Harry team in exchange for players Madrid wanted to bring in. I like Roninho, but then he is not for everybody I guess!

June 16, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Also can anyone tell me please why the hell we offered the recently departed tom heaton a new contract which luckily he rejected.
    I mean ffs, the man is 24 now, hes yet to make an appearance for us, and yet we want to offer him a new contract.
    Jesus, is that how bad this club is now getting. Wanting to offer yet another contract to a championship player. Why do we want to give a player obviously not good enough another contract when our team is full to bursting quantity wise.
    Or were we going to hear from fergie “Tom is englands future no1”. Oh yes is that after the world class ben foster by any chance.
    Talk about us pissing away the little money we do have.

June 16, 2010 at 8:06 pm

@tonymontanna4united: Fergie might surprise us Tony, I think United are in the process of shipping out some players, and gathering money in, so they can pay for those that Traitor Gill says Fergie has earmarked as the ones he wants bringing in. Fergie is being made to make sure he sells 1st 🙄 . I would like to see Robinho with us, because he is an interesting player, and a moody temperamental GIT and that is not a bad thing, all flair players have it. The South Americans, esp the Argies and the Brazilian players have this thing about being respected above all else, and they make a big song and dance about it. They are not for sitting on the bench, as we saw with Heinze, Tevez – no play – ME GO 😆

June 16, 2010 at 8:06 pm

CraigMc, I guess each to their own. Maybe it is his body language, but he strikes me as a pretty selfish player who only cares about himself. Even after Manchester City rescued him and made him their hero, he never seemed that bothered about playing for them and tried to turn the Santos loan deal into a permanent move. Believing in your own hype is one thing, but he seems to have a massive sense of entitlement.