Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe is set to leave the club on a season-long loan this summer.
According to Manchester Evening News, the 23-year old feels he “received a lack of recognition” after starting merely nine times last season.
Tuanzebe is highly rated at Old Trafford after coming through the ranks of the club.
The 2015 Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year drew praise for his defensive display against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League last October.
However, with Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly ahead of him in the pecking order, he failed to secure an ample amount of playing time.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did not shuffle his backline much during the past season with Lindelof and Maguire the first-choice partnership.
Tuanzebe is a quality centre-back but needs to see more action to develop himself as a regular.
He had a superb loan spell with Aston Villa two seasons ago where he established himself as a crucial part of the team.
Unfortunately, Solskjaer has not shown the same faith in the youngster since he came back to the Theatre of Dreams.
The situation with the defender gets even more complicated as he is out of contract next year but the Red Devils have the option to trigger a one-year extension.
Solskjaer is keen to bring a new centre-back this summer who can straightway make his way into the starting line-up to play alongside Maguire.
Raphael Varane and Pau Torres are rumoured to be the primary defensive targets for the manager.
If any of these two make their way to Old Trafford, Tuanzebe will find it even harder to secure game time.
On that basis, it would be much better for both parties if he is allowed to leave the club on a season-long loan.
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach