According to ESPN’s Moises Llorens, Barcelona are expecting a call from Manchester United for Ousmane Dembele.
Barcelona needs to offload a player before they can complete their move for former United player Memphis Depay.
Depay would join Barcelona from French side Lyon.
According to Spanish outlet Sport, Dembele was initially keen to stay at Barcelona, but since it has been made clear he is not in Ronald Koeman’s plans, he will push for a move.
This is a complete turnaround by both the player and his club.
A report by Goal a few days back featured an interview with Barcelona technical director Ramon Planes, who stated that Barcelona are not looking to offload Dembele.
This is what he said: “No negotiations with Man United at the moment, completely deny that”.
“He’s a player we count on, we know his potential. We hope this year the team sees the best of him.”
The change in the club’s feelings can be attributed to the La Liga laws which do not allow a team to buy a player before selling.
So, long story short, Barca have to offload Dembele before completing the deal for Memphis Depay.
This would be a big victory for OGS and Manchester United.
The club have successfully found a replacement for Jadon Sancho, who has similar abilities as the Englishman to lead his team to victory all on his own.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills