In a recent fans’ Q&A session, Bruno Fernandes has admitted his regret over not getting the chance to talk to Sir Alex Ferguson about his game.
The Portuguese international has been exceptional since joining Manchester United in January 2020.
He still feels that the guidance of the former Red Devils manager would have helped him to improve his game even further.
“That is one of my biggest regrets in the club until now,” he said.
“I met him already but never had the chance to speak with him like I would like to do.
“I think everyone who watched Manchester United in the past remembers Sir Alex.
“[That is true] for me, growing up and seeing the club, being a fan of the club and seeing the development of the team.
“I would like to have a conversation with him and understand, from his point of view, what he thinks about me and what I can improve or still improve in my game to be better.”
Fernandes has bagged 28 goals and 17 assists in all competitions this season and is touted as one of the leading contenders for the Premier League Player of the Year title.
His talismanic performances have helped the club to enjoy one of their most fruitful seasons since Ferguson’s departure.
They are on the verge of finishing as runners-up in the Premier League and face Villarreal in the Europa League final on May 26.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion