Manchester United target Kalidou Koulibaly is set to stay put at Napoli beyond the ongoing summer transfer window, confirms Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli.
Amidst the financial conundrum brought upon the footballing world by the massive spread of COVID-19, the enormous asking price of €75m million from Napoli is something proving to be a blockage between the Italian and the interested parties.
When asked about the future of the star centre-back, Laurentiis previously answered:
“Koulibaly is gonna leave? You’ve to ask to Manchester City, Manchester United and PSG… they’re the only clubs that have money to sign him.”
However, Cristiano Giuntoli has now claimed he will remain at the club. He said:
“I think that Koulibaly will stay here. We’re so happy to keep him, he’s gonna stay.”
Both Man United and Man City, alongside PSG, were interested in the defender. But no one is ready to pay such a huge amount on a 29-year-old prodigy.
Manchester United are in dire need of a speedy center-back. But they have now shifted their interest from the Senegalese to Dayot Upamecano, who has a release clause of €42 million that will be triggered next summer.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester United prepared to lose Paul Pogba for free next summer
- Paul Merson explains why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cannot quit Man Utd job
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta