Napoli’s President Aurelio De Laurentiis confirms that Manchester City are in talks to sign Kalidou Koulibaly.
When asked about Koulibaly- Manchester City links, De Laurentiis said:
“Koulibaly can leave the club, yes. If some club will make an important bid, we will let him go on this summer.”
Koulibaly is on Manchester United’s radar for a very long time now. As per Gazzetta Dello Sport, United value Koulibaly around the region of €70m.
According to the same report, Napoli are looking to offload players after investing heavily in 2020. The Italian side have spent around €180m combined to sign Diogo Demme, Stanislav Lobotka, Andrea Petagna, Matteo Politano, Amir Rrahmani and Victor Osimhen in 2020.
Fabrizio Romano reports that Manchester City are in talks with Napoli and Koulibaly’s agents but negotiations are going slower.
Sky Sports reports that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to sign defenders who can enhance the competition between Harry Maguire, Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof. United are in a dire need to sign a center-back as Chris Smalling is set to depart the Theatre of Dreams.
United are having financial problems to sign Jadon Sancho for €120m as he remains their top target. In our opinion, its illogical to think they can manage €70m for Koulibaly.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills