Manchester United haven’t contracted Barcelona to sign Ousmane Dembele in this current summer transfer window, confirms La Blaugrana Technical Secretary Ramon Planes.
In an exclusive interview with MARCA, Planes claimed that the Catalan giants are not interested in selling Dembele this summer and are not in negotiations with Manchester United over striking a potential deal for the Frenchman.
“There is no negotiation with Manchester United, I can confirm this.
“He is our player, we know his potential and with all the changes that have occurred in the team we hope he will give the best.
“We hope to enjoy all his possibilities. We are confident he will have a good year with us. ”
Therefore, the 2020-21 season is a big campaign in the 2018 World Cup winner’s career. And the player wants to stay put at Barcelona and keep fighting for his place at the club.
He has played 75 matches so far for Barca, having found the names 19 times and racked up 16 assists across all competitions.
Dembele was though to be an alternative to Manchester United’s no.1 target in Jadon Sancho.
But, as it has been now confirmed that the winger will remain at Barca, the Red Devils will now have to shift their eye from Dembele to another alternative or push harder than ever to sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills