Manchester United take on Feyenoord in their first match of the 2016-17 Europa League clash on Thursday.
Jose Mourinho will take his men to Rotterdam as the Red Devils will be hoping to start the second tier of European competition with a victory. United finished fifth in the Premier League last season and that saw them miss out on the Champions League.
The 20-time English champions will be hoping to return to Europe’s top club competition next season. However, for this campaign they will have to settle for the Europa League.
For the first match, the former Real Madrid and Chelsea manager has decided to rest his captain Wayne Rooney for the clash, along with full-backs Antonio Valencia and Luke Shaw. In addition to this, defender Phil Jones has picked up an injury which will keep him out of action for a month.
United have taken 20 players to Holland and the confirmed lineup for the match is given below:
Feyenoord: Brad Jones, Karsdorp, Botteghin, Heijden, Kongolo, El Ahmadi, Kuyt, Vilhena, Berghuis, Jorgensen, Toornstra
Manchester United: De Gea: Darmian, Bailly, Smalling, Rojo; Schneiderlin, Pogba; Herrera; Mata, Martial; Rashford
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa