Manchester United could take an advantage of the uncertainty concerning Paulo Dybala’s contractual situation at Juventus.
According to a report from Italian outlet Tuttosport, there is uncertainty surrounding Dybala’s future.
Dybala’s agent Jorge Antun is set to return to Argentina after failing to reach a contract extension agreement with Juventus’ governing bodies.
As the story claims by Tuttosport (via Football Italia), Antun came from Argentina to Turin to finalize Dybala’s contract extension with the club’s CEO Fabio Paratici.
However, Weston McKennie’s COVID-19 positive test in October meant the authorities of Juventus, including Fabio Paratici, had a restriction on organizing any meeting.
Dybala’s future with Juventus is at crossroads as Antun returns to his homeland.
The story further suggests that Dybala wants a double of his current €7 million-a-year salary. Juventus are reluctant to pay the amount.
There’s negative news surrounding Dybala in the dressing room too.
Andrea Pirlo’s revolution at Juventus does not take Dybala into his account. The Argentinean managed to grab only one start this season. New arrivals Dejan Kulusevski and Federico Chiesa are preferred ahead of Dybala.
Dybala’s bust up with Juventus chief Fabrizio Patrici in the tunnel after the club’s 1-1 draw with Crotone is another big proof of this.
In March, Dybala’s agent negotiated with Ed Woodward at the club’s London office laying down personal terms towards a prospective transfer. [source: Fabrizio Romano in Calciomercato]
Dybala also held talks with United in the January transfer window 2020 – coming close to leaving Juventus.
United’s interest in Dybala is long proven. He could be available for a cheaper fee in January or next summer. The Red Devils should make generous attempts to bring him to the Theatre Of Dreams.
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa