Manchester United winger Tahith Chong has officially joined Werder Bremer on a season-long loan.
The transfer has finally taken place after several weeks of haggling between the clubs.
Speaking for the first team since the move, Chong talked to the Werder club website.
He had this to say about his move: “I’m very excited to get to know the team, my teammates and the club. I’m looking forward to the season.
“When I spoke to the coach, I already knew Werder. I knew how big Werder is in Germany. The decision was very easy for me. The way they approached things was excellent, so it was immediately clear to me: This is the right team for me”.
The winger also pointed out Werder’s Dutch star Davy Klaassen as a factor regarding his move to Germany.
He told the club website: “When it became known that Werder might be interested, he wrote to me and offered to call him. That was good. I used to see him play at Ajax Amsterdam and it’s great to be on the same team with Davy Klaassen now.”
The winger’s move to Germany comes as a part of Manchester United’s plan to find regular game time for its youth academy players.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups