Manchester United favourite Dimitar Berbatov believes Jadon Sancho won’t think twice to join the Red Devils, should he be offered the chance during the next transfer window.
Sancho has been in a fine run of form for Borussia Dortmund this term and he has already registered 17 goals and 19 assists for the German side across all competitions.
The teenager has been regularly linked with a Premier League move over the past year and of late, it has been suggested that United are the front-runners to land his signature ahead of next season.
Amidst this, Berbatov has said that the 20-year-old may find it hard to turn down a move to Old Trafford and he would prove a ‘great addition’ to a young-looking squad under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, he told Betfair:
“This week there’s been a lot of talk about Jadon Sancho moving to Manchester United, in his case, because he’s English and Man United are in for you, I don’t think he will think twice about moving there. For me, if they get him he is going to be a great addition but I’m curious to see how they would line up.”
“United have: Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Daniel James, Mason Greenwood and possibly Sancho next season, even though you want that competition for young players it could be tricky to see them all playing at the same time.”
Dortmund are understood to value Sancho at around £120m and United are seemingly prepared to meet the valuation ahead of Premier League rivals Liverpool and Chelsea.
Still, United can’t be complacent in the player’s pursuit, considering a club like Chelsea are capable of offering Sancho a similar project with plenty of quality young players in the squad.
Therefore, the hierarchy should engage in transfer talks at the earliest possibility such that the attacker is convinced to join the club when the transfer window reopens.
Apart from Chelsea, Liverpool are the other Premier League side, who have been credited with an interest but the lack of guaranteed playing time from the starting XI, probably puts them out of the race.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion