Dayot Upamecano is in great demand. After his performances in the Champions League last season, his stock has surged. Europe’s elites are keeping tabs on him.
The 21-year-old center-back is in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s top priority to sign after Donny Van de Beek. As per ESPN’s Mark Ogden, Upamecano is a top target for Manchester United
However, a few months ago, Upamecano extended his contract with Leipzig. He’s tied with the club until 2023 with a €50m release clause. [source: Bild via Transfermarkt]
The likes of Marcos Rojo and Phil Jones hardly qualify to be regarded as options. Upamecano’s pursuit is logical for United.
However, Upamecano is happy at Leipzig.
“I extended in Leipzig, because I feel good with my team-mates and my coach. I’m good at Leipzig,” said Upamecano.
“It’s true that I’m in great demand. I speak with clubs, but I’m in no rush and we’ll see what happens in the future.” He further added.
Earlier this month, Sky Sports reported that Upamecano will stay in Germany and join Bayern Munich next year.
This could shatter United’s dreams by a huge margin. United have earlier missed out on the Frenchman when he was a kid. They could lose him once again.
- Manchester United unwilling to let Daniel James leave
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United