EVDS was the solution for Manchester United’s goalkeeping problems after the departure of the legendary Peter Schmeichel. He has been very instrumental in the success of Manchester United this season. It makes me wonder why Sir Alex hasn’t bid earlier for this excellent shotstopper.
However, he has become old and might start making mistakes if his weary legs are not given enough rest.
On the other hand Ben Foster has been phenomenal this season for Watford and definitely has the potential to fill the shoes of Van der Sar. He is coming back to United this season and training alongside Van der Sar should help him become a world class player and make him less error prone(‘that’ goal by Robinson).
United should give him chance to play in the FA cups and against weaker oppositions enabling Van der Sar to rest his weary legs. Two keepers playing regularly is possible (Toldo was an established keeper, when Julio Ceasar came as his understudy, and now they both play often due to their rotation policy) and it would benefit the club immensely.
What do you guys think?
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash