Today’s sport pages are unsurprisingly filled with news regarding Fabrice Muamba’s recovery, as the Bolton man began to breathe unaided and recognised family members. United, though, make the news anyway, with papers focusing on future transfers and the race for the title.
Let’s start with the Mirror, where Jonny Evans believes that the title might be decided on goal difference and that a rejuvenated Chelsea could put pressure on City tomorrow night, a story also reported by the Guardian.
Duncan White writes an interesting article for the Telegraph where he gives United a slight edge in the race for the title. Momentum, a slightly easier run-in and fresher players are they factors according to the broadsheet’s columnist. White believes that City’s key players haven’t been rested enough throughout the season and may now feel the strain of a demanding campaign.
The Sun runs a story regarding Dimitar Berbatov, as the paper seems convinced that the reason why Ferguson is willing to let him go in the summer is that the Bulgarian is too slow. The tabloid also features a story according to which Rio Ferdinand will be the target of £250k a week offer from Chinese club Guizhou Renhe in the summer.
In more transfer news, the Daily Mail reports that United are keeping an eye on Rayo Vallecano’s midfielder Michu. Martin Ferguson was sent to scout the 25-year-old midfielder, who has already scored 13 goals this season, as Fergie looks for new faces for his midfield.
Finally, James Lawton writes on the Independent that Bolton should play on in the FA Cup, despite the events that unfolded Saturday on White Hart Lane, just like United did in 1958 when, after the Munich crash they managed to reach Wembley – ironically losing the final against the Trotters.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion