Transfer mogul Fabrizio Romano understands that Sevilla are out of the race to sign Sergio Reguilon and United are the only team left. United were considering this deal for some time and will submit an opening bid very soon.
He further adds that personal terms are agreed and Reguilon wants to join the Red Devils too.
However, Real Madrid are pushing to insert a buy-back clause and United are refusing to pay the €30m price for him.
Earlier today, MARCA also confirmed that Reguilon wants to join the Premier League side and talks have intensified.
Reguilon enjoyed a brilliant season with Sevilla as they finished fourth and won the UEFA Europa League.
United are also linked to Alex Telles and Porto have lowered their asking price for Telles. However, Reguilon is a younger option and has loads of potential.
Reguilon could be the second signing United makes if this deal goes through. Both Romano and MARCA are very reliable sources and all things seem positive.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills