In his latest episode of the Here We Go podcast, Fabrizio Romano gives us more information on the failed Jadon Sancho move.
It is wildly known that Sancho was United’s #1 target. The 20-year-old winger was ‘one step away‘ from joining the club at the end of July/start of August. But, Ed Woodward and Co. changed the monetary structure of the deal. The Red Devils were convinced that BVB would accept a different deal before the deadline.
However, BVB chiefs turned out to be tough negotiators and didn’t agree to sell their prized asset on United’s terms.
As per The Athletic, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer urged the board to sign Sancho. Matt Judge launched a £80m plus add-ons bid for Sancho through the intermediaries in the final week of September. However, BVB chief Hans-Joachim Watzke rejected the offer immediately.
Romano adds that Borussia Dortmund would have accepted an offer of £108m even on the deadline day and United could have landed their target – as personal terms with Sancho were not a problem.
It was a matter of a couple of tens of millions of pounds for United to have secured their target and make a statement – ultimately signing a superstar for the next decade. However, the club has yet again failed us.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups