As per Fabrizio Romano, Barcelona wanted to sell Ousmane Dembele on a permanent basis, while United always asked for a loan deal. Therefore, both clubs failed to reach an agreement over the respective deal.
According to the Manchester United correspondent for The Guardian, Jamie Jackson, Manchester United has ended their interest in signing Ousmane Dembele from Barcelona on a loan deal for the 2020-21 season.
Manchester United had been interested all summer long to sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund.
But with the German club confirming that they won’t sell Jadon Sancho at the latter stage of the summer transfer window, Manchester United had no option but to throw their view back on the Barcelona winger.
From 75 matches in all competitions for La Blaugrana, Dembele has racked up 19 goals and 16 assists so far.
If we ignore his eye-watering injury record, the 2018 World Cup-winning Frenchman could have been a smart signing for the Red Devils.
As the deal has now collapsed, there is a general feeling that Manchester United could be forced to pay £50m for Watford winger Ismaïla Sarr.
As the domestic transfer window remains open until October 16, Manchester United will get the chance to think over their decision yet again.
United have surely endured a topsy-turvy summer transfer window and another one that their supporters would not want to store in their memory for a longer period of time.
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not under pressure to select Cristiano Ronaldo every game