On his Instagram account, reliable transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano understands that Manchester United have identified Ousmane Dembele as one of their transfer options this summer.
United are considering a loan move but no formal bid has been launched. Barcelona are wanting a fee around €60-70m for the French winger who they signed for an initial £96.8m fee, potentially rising to £135.5m.
Romano adds that Dembele doesn’t want to leave Barcelona and have turned down moves to Juventus and Liverpool before. When United contacted his agent a month ago, the 23-year-old forward refused.
Romano also mentions that if United want Dembele, they will have to convince the player as the transfer fee is expected to be around €60-70m.
United could leverage Barcelona’s awry financial conditions and their willingness to buy Memphis Depay who has been Ronald Koeman’s #1 target.
With less than a week for the transfer market to shut, United need to make quick moves. If United cannot pay BVB’s €120m asking price, they should definitely try to persuade Dembele to come to the Theatre of Dreams.
United have a history of presenting lucrative deals to their players and this will be nothing new for a club of such stature. The Red Devils could guarantee different if not better conditions to Dembele and it could be refreshing for the Frenchman who has struggled to find his feet at the Catalan club.
The deal could also prove to be a bargain as Dembele had a similar career trajectory as Sancho’s before securing the big money move to Spain.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups