England played out a dull 0-0 stalemate with Scotland at Wembley Stadium yesterday.
A win against their arch-rivals would have sealed their place in the Euro 2020 round of 16.
However, Scotland showed more desire and grit to carve out a point from this crucial fixture.
Even with Harry Kane, Phil Foden, and Raheem Sterling on the pitch, Gareth Southgate’s men looked bereft of ideas in attack.
Jack Grealish finally made his first appearance of Euro 2020 as he came on for Foden at the hour mark.
The Scottish team dug deep and refused to allow England to find any spaces to run behind the defensive line.
With the deadlock still intact, England supporters were hopeful of seeing Jadon Sancho coming off the bench.
But Southgate persisted with his tactics and did not bring Sancho onto the pitch.
The Borussia Dortmund star was surprisingly left out of the squad for the first game against Croatia.
It is difficult to understand why the manager has been ignoring the 21-year-old sensation.
He had another successful campaign with Dortmund, scoring 16 goals and assisting 20 times across competitions.
It was very clear that the Three Lions were struggling to create any solid chance for their forwards.
Throwing Sancho into the mix would have boosted the creativity of the team.
England were missing a player who could have carried the ball from midfield to attack.
The home team supporters were left frustrated by the display and the decisions made by the manager.
Here’s how a few of the fans reacted to Jadon Sancho not getting any game time in this major tournament.
Manchester United have been strongly linked with a summer move for Sancho.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer needs a right-winger who can provide more balance to the attacking line-up.
It was recently reported that Dortmund are asking for around £77 million to sanction his exit.
Considering the talent he possesses, this valuation feels right.
At the same time, it is astounding to see Southgate keeping one of the finest young players on the bench when his team needs someone to open up the opposition’s defence.
England will face the Czech Republic on 22nd June.
Fans will hopefully be able to see Sancho in the England shirt in this tournament’s final group game.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash