Bruno Fernandes was recently asked during a Q&A session with fans which attribute he would like to inherit from one of his teammates.
It was not an easy decision for United’s number 18, who is surrounded by many skilled players at the club.
However, the Portuguese international was able to pick one characteristic and went on to admit that he would have won the coveted Ballon d’Or accolade if he had that attribute.
He said: “I don’t know honestly as we have so many qualities in the team.
“I think I’m not the slowest player in the world but if I would have the pace of Rashy [Rashford], honestly, I would be a Ballon d’Or [winner] already.
“With the pace he has, oh my God, he’s unbelievable.
“It’s incredible the way he is and, when I talk about pace, it’s about running with the ball and without the ball, and, at the same time, the pace in his feet.
“The quality he has, the moves he has and the agility he has to come away from difficult situations. It’s unbelievable.”
You can only wonder how many goals he would have scored if he possessed Rashford’s pace.
His quick feet can be a nightmare for even the best defenders, particularly down the left flank.
Maybe this is why he has been more successful as a wide forward than a number nine.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion