Fiorentina have named the price for in-demand defender Nikola Milenkovic amidst speculation about Manchester United’s interest.
According to Calciomercato, Fiorentina are ready to cash in on the Serbian this summer, with several Premier League clubs thrown in the mix.
Milenkovic is about the enter the final 12 months of his contract at Artemio Franchi and has shown no intention of extending his stay in Tuscany.
Since arriving from Partizan Belgrade in 2017, the 23-year-old has developed into one of the finest defenders in Serie A and an always-present figure in Fiorentina’s backline.
But the cash-strapped Viola need to raise funds in the summer and have pinned a £26 million price tag on Milenkovic’s head.
Giuseppe Iachini’s prized possession has registered 31 appearances in Serie A this season and is considered an integral part of the Italian’s starting line-up.
The Serbia international has attracted interest from several Premier League clubs, including United, West Ham United and Everton.
Milenkovic is a long-term target for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who hopes to land a top-level centre-back to partner Harry Maguire next season.
Despite tying down Eric Bailly to a new deal only recently, the Norwegian manager is in the market for a defensive addition to help close the gap on Manchester City.
Victor Lindelof has established himself as a regular starter in the second half of the season and will be eager for first-team opportunities next term.
Meanwhile, Solskjaer is ready to move on Axel Tuanzebe when the transfer window reopens for business following the youngster’s injury-hit season.
The Red Devils remain hopeful of landing coveted Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane, whose trophy-laden stint in La Liga is edging to a close.
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start