Fiorentina have named the price for in-demand defender Nikola Milenkovic amidst speculation about Manchester United’s interest.
According to Calciomercato, Fiorentina are ready to cash in on the Serbian this summer, with several Premier League clubs thrown in the mix.
Milenkovic is about the enter the final 12 months of his contract at Artemio Franchi and has shown no intention of extending his stay in Tuscany.
Since arriving from Partizan Belgrade in 2017, the 23-year-old has developed into one of the finest defenders in Serie A and an always-present figure in Fiorentina’s backline.
But the cash-strapped Viola need to raise funds in the summer and have pinned a £26 million price tag on Milenkovic’s head.
Giuseppe Iachini’s prized possession has registered 31 appearances in Serie A this season and is considered an integral part of the Italian’s starting line-up.
The Serbia international has attracted interest from several Premier League clubs, including United, West Ham United and Everton.
Milenkovic is a long-term target for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who hopes to land a top-level centre-back to partner Harry Maguire next season.
Despite tying down Eric Bailly to a new deal only recently, the Norwegian manager is in the market for a defensive addition to help close the gap on Manchester City.
Victor Lindelof has established himself as a regular starter in the second half of the season and will be eager for first-team opportunities next term.
Meanwhile, Solskjaer is ready to move on Axel Tuanzebe when the transfer window reopens for business following the youngster’s injury-hit season.
The Red Devils remain hopeful of landing coveted Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane, whose trophy-laden stint in La Liga is edging to a close.
- Manchester United close to reaching an agreement for star winger Jadon Sancho
- Manchester United want Paul Pogba to stay at Old Trafford
- Axel Tuanzebe set to leave Manchester United on loan
- A look at Scott McTominay’s Euro 2020 journey as Scotland bow out
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s dominant return vs the Czech Republic
- Wayne Rooney eager for the “mouthwatering” clash against Manchester United
- Manchester United confirm four pre-season friendly games including Wayne Rooney reunion
- Manchester United captain feels “confident” after recovering from injury for England’s Group D decider
- Jesse Lingard opens up on “emotional” England snub
- Not playing Jadon Sancho is a bizarre decision from Gareth Southgate