Former Manchester United striker Louis Saha has named four alternative transfer targets he thinks the Reds should pursue this summer.
Manchester United made Jadon Sancho their top target for this summer window. But if that doesn’t come to pass, Saha thinks United should look prioritise the alternatives instead.
He named Ousmane Dembele , Moussa Dembele, Edinson Cavani and Kalidou Koulibaly as his alternatives.
He spoke to the Football Index Podcast about the players United could target if Sancho negotiations continue to stall.
He had this to say about Ousmane Dembele: “Ousmane Dembele would be an exciting option for Manchester United if they feel Jadon Sancho proves too expensive”.
United has not earmarked a centre-forward this summer but Saha believes: “I think Manchester United are missing a trick by not signing Edinson Cavani this summer”.
“For me, Cavani would be the best fit this summer. Cavani has a great eye for goal and his leadership would be a great asset. He has qualities that are very difficult to find on the transfer market.”
The former Forward also had some interesting words to say about Lyon striker Moussa Dembele- “I think Moussa Dembele could be an interesting signing for Manchester United.”
“I know from my time at Fulham that Dembele is physically strong and he would be a very good target man. He would be able to hold up the play and bring wide players into the game as an effective plan B against some opposition.”
Saha also discussed the United defence and believes Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly would fit the bill.
He stated: “If Manchester United are to look at a new central defender, Koulibaly is the obvious choice. I’m a big fan of his as he’s so strong and composed. He’s also an aerial threat in the opposition box. The more players of his stature at Old Trafford, the better.”
Edinson Cavani has already held talks with Portuguese club Benfica and is very close to signing for them. [source- Goal]
Manchester United have fallen behind their across the town rivals in a chase to secure the signature of Koulibaly and Ousmane Dembele is set to stay at Camp Nou this season according to Barcelona President Bartomeu.
French striker Moussa Dembele is expected to leave Lyon this summer after their semi-finals exit in the UEFA Champions League.
It would be interesting to see if Manchester United pay any heed to the words of their former player and take action on any of these players.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups