This comes as shocking news for Manchester United who were linked with the Frenchman over a potential loan deal.
Both Dembele and Barcelona were open for a move but wanted a permanent deal – United, however, wanted to sign the 23-year-old on a loan deal.
United have already missed out on their #1 transfer target Jadon Sancho. Edinson Cavani and Alex Telles’ announcements are imminent but United desperately need a right-wing option going into a busy season.
Fabrizio Romano confirmed that talks are ongoing between Barcelona and United but nothing’s been finalized. We can hope those talks to be over now.
But, there’s a unique addition to the story. La Liga’s strict rules suggest that clubs should sell existing players before buying new ones. Memphis Depay has a personal agreement with the Catalan club. And Ronald Koeman wants to sign Depay. But they’d have to sell Dembele first to acquire Depay.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills