It’s the semi-finals of the World Club Championship — a tournament, despite my being happy if we lift the cup, I couldn’t care less about.
To me, it’s a big distraction with an already crowded league schedule. The timing is most ill-advised with a jam packed Christmas schedule, and we are still playing catch up in the league despite slip ups by Chelsea and Liverpool.
But more on the scheduling at a later time. Now for the game at hand.
Japan based club, Gamba Osaka take on United in front of their home based fans. So they will be looking to give their all against our blow hot, blow cold lineup.
Fergie has been sounding about how great being World Club Champions can be. But really I hope he’s more concerned about our prospects in the league than Sepp Blatter’s pet project. Neville, Scholes and Giggs might play today. I’d rather have them play here than in the league at the moment — particularly Gary Neville.
Berbatov seems to be laid low with a mysterious Japanese virus, so Tevez and Rooney should resume their partnership. Rio and Vidic should keep their place at the heart of United’s defence while the rest of the team will be picked by Fergie’s whim and fancy — as has been the case throughout this season.
Predictions: 2-0 to United. I think we are just too strong for them, but I have been wrong many times.
Over to you. Take it away.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups