United are a top priced 1.22 with Coral to beat Sunderland at Old Trafford, and it looks a case of how many they will win by.
The Red Devils come into the game six points clear at the top of the table following their dramatic last gasp 3-2 win over arch rivals man City last weekend, and this is the first of six games over the Christmas period that they are fully expected to win on paper.
As far as the stats are concerned Sir Alex’s side have won 15 and lost none of the last 20 Premier League meetings with the Black Cats.
They have also lost just one of their last 16 Premier League games at Old Trafford, and face a side who despite beating Reading 3-0 last time out have been very poor this season and lack any real cutting edge.
Martin O’Neill’s side have also won just one of their last 15 league away games (W1 D7 L7) on the road and have failed to score in nine of their last 11 league games against United – including the last five in a row.
That makes United to win to nil look well worth a punt at a standout 2.1 with Ladbrokes.
Robin van Persie has scored seven goals in nine appearances against Sunderland in all competitions and five times in seven games in the Premier League.
I fancy United to win this 4-0 or 5-0, and those scorelines can be backed at 11 and 19 respectively with sportingbet.
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not under pressure to select Cristiano Ronaldo every game
- Paul Pogba is on course to break the Premier League assists record