A section of the Manchester United fans have reacted positively to the performance of Anthony Martial during the club’s 1-1 draw against Club Brugge in the Europa League.
The Red Devils made the trip to Bruges for the first leg of the Europa League round of 32 on Thursday and they came up with a decent result as they secured an important away goal.
Emmanuel Dennis found the breakthrough in the 14th minute following Sergio Romero’s poor decision-making but Martial managed to bring United level, nine minutes before the half-time break.
The goal was created by Martial himself as he pounced on a defensive lapse from Brandon Mechele before running 40 yards to curl his shot past goalkeeper Simon Mignolet.
Aside from this effort, the Frenchman also hit the woodwork with a cracking left-footed effort and his display has definitely impressed some of the United supporters.
Thoughts on draw with Club Brugge
– Ole needs to accept Pereira and Lingard aren’t good enough for United
– Martial is on form lately which is great to see with Rashford injured
– Bruno Fernandes done more in 10 minutes than the entire team (MOTM)
– Decent result
— Aidan Walsh ? (@AidanWalshMUFC) February 20, 2020
Martial has the same amount of goals as Mane in all comps, but he’s lazy and overrated
— Yahya (@UtdYahz) February 20, 2020
Martial has been superb. Answers his criticism so well. Gotta feed him the ball more.
— Bobby (@_AmirulRazi) February 20, 2020
See, that's what I want to see more of from Martial, because THIS is a No. 9's goal, and he doesn't do enough striker's work. That was superb. You must work to punish your opposite number. #MUFC
— Rob Blanchette (@_Rob_B) February 20, 2020
Martial looked out of form prior to the winter break and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer happened to indicate that he was tired after continuously leading the line in January after the injury absence of Marcus Rashford.
The Frenchman has certainly looked rejuvenated following the two-week interval and he has now bagged goals in back-to-back games against Chelsea and Club Brugge.
Martial was substituted shortly after the hour mark of the European clash in Bruges and that was a definitely a wise decision from Solskjaer, considering the Premier League clash against Watford at home on Sunday.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills