His arrival excited captain Harry Maguire, who is looking forward to forging a great partnership with him.
Varane was targeted by United as a teenager, with Sir Alex Ferguson almost signing him. However, Real Madrid secured his services.
He created a legacy with Los Blancos as he won every possible trophy during his 10-year stint with the club.
Varane then decided to close his Spanish chapter and pursue something new. And he had only one place in mind – Man United.
This was largely due to Rio Ferdinand, the player he idolised growing up.
After striking a deal worth £43 million, he was unveiled before United’s match against Leeds United.
He has been handed the number 19 shirt, the one he wore during his initial days with Madrid.
The 28-year-old defender has already begun training and will make his debut soon.
His arrival could potentially solve United’s defensive woes. Harry Maguire was heavily criticised for his early performances.
However, his absence was felt when United lost the Europa League final to Villarreal.
He produced solid performances for England at the European Championships, conceding only two goals as the team reached the final.
Maguire told the Guardian that he is looking forward to teaming up with Varane.
“You’ve seen what he’s won over his career,” he said.
“He’s played in some of the top teams about – the French squad and Real Madrid – and he’s won absolutely everything.
“I think he’ll bring that winning mentality and his footballing ability to the club. To bring in players of his calibre is really, really exciting.”
Varane will definitely strengthen United at the back with his experience and winning mentality.
United started the new season on a high note, thrashing Leeds United 5-1.
With Varane now on board, this could be the start of something big at Old Trafford.
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash