Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo has heaped praise on Aaron Wan-Bissaka and believes the 22-year-old is one of the best right-backs in world football.
Wan-Bissaka made the move to Old Trafford from Crystal Palace for £45m last summer and he has since been the undisputed choice on the right side of the defence when fit and available.
The 22-year-old has been largely impressive with his tackling on a one-on-one situation and Ighalo has been particularly impressed with his workrate and ‘rubber-like’ waist which enables him to steal the ball from his opponent.
“The guy is one of the best right-backs. His waist is like rubber, the way he bends and steals the ball. I think this guy is going to get injured and then next second he’s going again. He’s very difficult to get past. He’s a very, very good player. His work-rate is amazing,” he told journalist Juliet Bawuah on Twitter.
Wan-Bissaka has been a quality addition to the United defence this term and he has been consistent in every game. The 2-0 defeat to Watford in December was probably the exception, where he mistimed his sliding challenge in the box and conceding a needless penalty.
Meanwhile, the England youth international has improved on the attacking side of his game as the season has progressed and he has bagged a couple of assists through quality crosses in the backend of the campaign.
As such, it can be said that the right-back has perfectly settled at United in a short space of time and he should only get better with more experience under his belt in the coming years.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups