Championship side Huddersfield Town have expressed their interest in signing Manchester United’s teenage midfielder James Garner.
According to Football Insider, the Terriers have made contact with United expressing their desire to sign the 19-year-old on loan for the next season.
Garner made six appearances this season with four of them coming in the Europa League. More and more youngsters are making a case for inclusion in the first team following the success of Mason Greenwood and Brandon Williams. However, MEN reported that United’s Under-23s coach Neil Wood and head of first-team development Nicky Butt want several players to gain more experience in order to make sure their progress doesn’t stall.
Besides Garner, Dylan Levitt and Matej Kovar are also expected to leave on loan before the culmination of the summer transfer window.
Swansea City are the other Championship side showing interest in Garner. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is expected to approve the move for the young midfielder for a temporary spell away from Old Trafford whenever an official approach is made.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides contract update about Manchester United star
- Manchester United unwilling to let Daniel James leave
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid