A selection of Manchester United fans have appreciated the display from right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka during the club’s 0-0 league draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils managed to end a two-match losing streak in the Premier League on Saturday, but they were still disappointing with the inability to find the net for the third game running in the top-flight.
Still, the defensive display was one of the minor positives from the goalless stalemate and a section of the supporters have admired the performance of Wan-Bissaka against the Wolves.
Wan-Bissaka did not have the best of games as he was dispossessed as many as five occasions but he made up for the same with a good defensive display which included eight tackles, as per whoscored.
The 22-year-old was unable to provide an attacking threat as he struggled with his deliveries into the box but he still created the best chance with his only accurate cross, nearly leading to an injury-time winner from Dalot.
Here are some reactions towards his performance…
FT Man United 0 – 0 Wolves
Wan-Bissaka and Maguire superb
Bruno with a great start
Fred solid again
Missed Nemanja Matic today
Martial can’t play as a lone striker
Pogba and Rashford will improve this team massively
Pereira must be out of chances#munwol
— AJ ? (@r3al__AJ) February 1, 2020
Harry Maguire and Wan Bissaka were the best player for us today .
Bruno had a decent game too.
I miss @MarcusRashford ??
Get well soon bro …..
— Aman Basnet (@Amanbasnet115) February 1, 2020
Wan bissaka the best player by far today, his tackling is out of this world…?
— TH02 (@hor857) February 1, 2020
Wan-Bissaka is certainly one of the best tacklers in the Premier League at the moment and he produced one key challenge in the backend of the game, where he made the switch to left-back to break-up play after Luke Shaw was stranded higher up the field.
His attacking game certainly requires an improvement but not many United fans may have complaints over a player, who has been defensively solid for most of his debut season with the club. Manchester United will return to league action after the winter break with an away game at Chelsea.
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not under pressure to select Cristiano Ronaldo every game
- Paul Pogba is on course to break the Premier League assists record