Manchester United could face a severe blow as Bruno Fernandes is reportedly having some physical problems in his knee weekend’s clash against Tottenham Hotspur.
Manchester United have had made an eye-catching yet messy start to the season, racking up three victories and one defeat across all competitions.
United played their fourth-round EFL Cup tie against Brighton and Hove Albion on Wednesday.
When the team sheet came out last night, one of the many reasons that surprised the majority of the fan base was the exclusion of Bruno Fernandes from the matchday squad.
United went on to win the game 3-0. And it was a swift performance from the men in red.
The only concern remained the reason Bruno Fernandes got omitted from the squad.
However, the same report also suggests that he could ‘probably’ feature against Spurs at Old Trafford this Sunday.
Should Fernandes miss the game, United have a decent option in Donny van de Beek – whom United signed from Ajax earlier in this summer transfer window.
Van de Beek was a standout performer on Wednesday night, garnering one assist and having created several chances throughout the ninety minutes of football.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash