Manchester United opened talks with Italian wonderkid Sandro Tonali last month. The fee was reported to be around €35m.
Tonali is one of the best young midfielders available in the market. The 20-year-old midfielder was targeted by the likes of Juventus and Inter Milan.
When asked about Tonali’s situation, Inter Sporting Director Piero Ausilio said:
“As far as Tonali is concerned, it should be clarified that we have never started any negotiations for him. I do not deny that we have followed him for some time and that we like him, I hope he can prove to be an excellent player for the national team as well.
“However, I repeat, we have not set up any negotiations, because as things stand today we simply cannot afford the kind of transfer deal that signing Tonali would imply.”
This gives an upper hand for the Reds to sign Tonali. However, Fabrizio Romano reports that Tonali wants to stay in England. Romano also confirmed that Tonali has agreed on terms with Inter but Ausilio clearly denied it.
United need depth in the midfield region. The club are in talks to sign Thiago from Bayern Munich too. Yesterday, they made Donny Van de Beek’s transfer official.
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not under pressure to select Cristiano Ronaldo every game