Manchester United are reportedly in contention with Liverpool for securing the services of Inter Milan star Nicolo Barella.
According to TuttoMercatoWeb, the Merseyside club are ready to offer £60 million for the 24-year-old.
It has been reported that the Red Devils may be willing to fork out a similar amount to sign the talented midfielder.
Barella was impressive for Italy in the European Championships, bagging a goal and two assists in six appearances.
He made 36 league appearances for Inter last season, helping them win the Serie A title for the first time in eleven years.
Barella is a highly talented footballer who has proved his skills in Italy. He is known for his technique, vision and physical strength.
The Italy international is capable of playing anywhere in midfield and would be a tremendous acquisition for United.
However, United have already confirmed the signing of Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund and are close to snapping up Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane.
On that basis, any potential transfer for Barella could depend on income from player sales.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides contract update about Manchester United star
- Manchester United unwilling to let Daniel James leave
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid