Internazionale sporting director Piero Ausilio has said the Serie A giants are still to decide if they are going to sign Alexis Sanchez on a permanent basis from Manchester United.
The Chile international has spent the season on loan with the Milan club as he was not in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans for the 2019-20 campaign.
Sanchez failed to make much of an impact at Manchester United after arriving on a free transfer from Arsenal in January 2018, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan going in the other direction.
He was subsequently loaned out to Inter back in August. However, the 31-year-old has missed half of the season through injury. Alexis Sanchez has made just two Serie A starts and a further seven substitute appearances combing for 199 minutes this season.
The league’s suspension has certainly helped Sanchez’s chances of playing again this season as he recovers in time for Serie A’s resumption on 20 June. Inter still have 13 games to play.
Inter’s sporting director, Piero Ausilio, has now said that Alexis Sanchez will have the opportunity to show his worth to club in these remaining games as the club are yet to make a decision on his future.
Ausilio is quoted by Sky Sports Italia (via the Mirror) as saying:
“He’ll stay with us until the end of the season, then we’ll decide about his future with Manchester United. He’ll have the opportunity to show his skills.”
As well as bringing in Alexis Sanchez on loan from Manchester United in August, Internazionale also signed Romelu Lukaku on a permanent basis from us the same month. Antonio Conte’s side also did a deal with us to take Ashley Young from Old Trafford to Italy in January this year.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills