As club football has concluded for the 2020/21 season, it is time to concentrate on international fixtures.
The European Championships commence next week and the teams had a great opportunity to prepare themselves yesterday.
We look at how the Manchester United players fared with their national teams.
Jesse Lingard – England
Gareth Southgate started Lingard despite leaving him out of the England 26-man squad for the tournament.
His fantastic deft pass set up the goal for Bukayo Saka, which ultimately proved to be the match-winner.
Other than that, he failed to have much influence on a disappointing game.
Daniel James – Wales
Wales had a frustrating night as they fell 3-0 to France despite having a strong start to the game.
James forced a fantastic save from Lloris in the first half. However, he found it increasingly difficult to create chances as the game wore on.
He was substitued in the 70th minute.
Dylan Levitt – Wales
The young Red Devil has made more appearances for his national side than for United.
The 20-year old is yet to make his Premier League bow but Wales have high hopes for him.
His introduction against France came in the 60th minute but by then the game was already lost.
Didier Deschamps’ side were two goals ahead and had a man advantage.
Levitt tried to bring more composure to the midfield and did his share of defensive duties well.
Paul Pogba – France
Paul Pogba is one of the most important players for France in their bid to win Euro 2020.
He dominated the midfield against Wales by outmuscling opponents with his strength and knitted a string of passes together.
His powerful strike from distance drew a fine save from Wales’ goalkeeper.
To keep him fresh for the Euros, he was substituted after the hour mark.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion