Manchester United are on the brink of sealing a British record deal to bring Jadon Sancho to Old Trafford, according to several sources.
The 20-year-old has been linked with us for a long time now and it has felt more and more likely that he will join us before the start of next season, as the weeks have passed by.
Sancho tore it up this past season, amassing an incredible 17 goals and 16 assists in only 32 German Bundesliga games (25 starts), as well as a further four goal involvements (2 goals, 2 assists) in eight Champions League matches (7 starts).
The Manchester Evening News are one of several outlets reporting that we are close to confirming a £108 million deal for the Borussia Dortmund star. They state that “it is understood the move is expected to be finalised this week”.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already put together a fantastic attack, often consisting of Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood, that scored 22 goals in our nine Premier League matches after the restart to help us finish third.
However, should a deal be done for Jadon Sancho today, this week or this month, he would not be eligible to play for us in the Europa League.
As a Manchester United fan I would be ecstatic to see Jadon Sancho in the famous red shirt and from what I am seeing in the news, it really looks like it’s happening!
The forward has put in some excellent displays for both Borussia Dortmund and England over the past two years, tearing up defences from both wings, and is also capable of playing in a central role if need be.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would likely deploy the youngster down the right wing, where Greenwood has impressed over the past two months, but in a position where we never had a regular during the first part of the season.
Our attack for the opening game of next season could be: Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial – simply incredible!
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester United prepared to lose Paul Pogba for free next summer
- Paul Merson explains why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cannot quit Man Utd job
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta