Manchester United have announced the signing of Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund.
The 21-year-old has agreed to a five-year contract until 2026. The club will pay an initial fee of around £73 million to Dortmund.
The England international was part of the Three Lions squad that finished runners-up at the European Championships.
He becomes Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first summer signing after successfully completing his medical and agreeing personal terms with the Red Devils.
In a statement confirming his signing, Sancho said: “I’ll always be grateful to Dortmund for giving me the opportunity to play first-team football, although I always knew that I would return to England one day.
“The chance to join Manchester United is a dream come true, and I just cannot wait to perform in the Premier League.”
“This is a young and exciting squad, and I know, together, we can develop into something special to bring the success that the fans deserve.”
“I am looking forward to working with the manager and his coaching team to further develop my game.”
Solskjaer added: “Jadon epitomises the type of player I want to bring to the club – he is a forward player in the best traditions of Manchester United.”
“He will form an integral part of my squad for years to come, and we look forward to seeing him blossom.”
“His goals and assists records speak for themselves, and he will also bring tremendous pace, flair and creativity to the team.”
“Old Trafford will give him the platform he needs to release his untapped talent and perform at the highest level.”
“For a player of his age, Jadon has already achieved a great deal and showed the courage to go and prove himself abroad.”
“We all look forward to welcoming Jadon to the squad as we prepare for the new campaign.”
Sancho is a generational talent and will elevate Solskjaer’s side to the next level.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham