According to the Express, Jerome Boateng wants to make a move to Manchester United.
The 32-year-old is currently a free agent after his contract expired at Bayern Munich.
However, he is reportedly keen to make a ‘dream’ move to Old Trafford.
Boateng started his senior career at Hertha Berlin before signing for Hamburger SV in 2007.
He established himself as a regular member of the team, helping the German outfit reach two Europa League semi-finals.
After a short stint at Manchester City, the 32-year-old joined Bayern in 2011.
Since he arrived at the Allianz Arena, he lifted two Champions League trophies and nine Bundesliga titles.
The experienced centre-back clocked up 363 appearances across all competitions for Bayern, bagging 10 goals and 25 assists.
United are set to sign Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane as a partner for Harry Maguire in the heart of the defence.
Both are exceptional defenders who are expected to strengthen United’s backline.
The Red Devils have Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly to cover for the pair in case of injury.
Phil Jones is also set to return from an extensive lay-off.
Boateng boasts plenty of Bundesliga and Champions League experience with Bayern.
However, he is now close to 33-years-old and doesn’t look an appealing option for United.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups