Jesse Lingard’s career at Manchester United could shape like his former teammates’ Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku as reports from Italy suggests he could join AC Milan very soon.
The Guardian reported that Ole Gunnar Soslkjaer thinks United’s squad is crowded and would like to clear out a few names further. The club are open to hearing any offers for the 27-year-old English international.
Lingard has scored four times and grabbed one assist in 38 appearances this season. These numbers are really low for a player who’s supposed to be playing at his peak.
The main reason for Lingard’s poor performance is his family commitments. His mother got sick in the first half of the season and he had to take care of his siblings alone while keeping up with his mother’s medical arrangement and football.
It is not an excuse but he remains a top professional. However, as United look to bolster their squad, they need to get rid of the deadwood they currently have. Lingard, at best, is an average squad player and nothing less.
Earlier this season, Lingard made headlines as he switched his agents and is now represented by Mino Raiola. Raiola is known to be the agent to thinks the best for his client even if it means playing dirty to force a move out of their current clubs. His contract expires next summer and it is highly unlikely United will renew it.
Selling Lingard will also help free up game time for other players and get some money to smoothen this transfer window cash flow which is affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
It also makes sense for Lingard as he’ll have a chance at career redemption and he should remain motivated taking Chris Smalling’s brilliant spell at Roma as an example.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham