Manchester United owner Joel Glazer wants to hire a Director Of Football (DoF) by the end of the 2020-21 season. [source: Daily Mail]
United are revisiting long-standing plans to appoint a DoF on the orders of the Glazer family. United have been linked with a plethora of transfer gurus and run numerous assessments to find the right candidate to work alongside club CEO Ed Woodward and club’s chief negotiator Matt Judge.
The report mentions that the Glazers are demanding an overhaul in the recruitment process. The Red Devils have a net transfer spend of £1 billion without winning the Premier League or the Champions League since Sir Alex Ferguson left in 2013.
If the report is true, this is a brilliant decision by the Glazer family. A new structure, face, and recruitment strategy are needed to help United win major trophies.
A Director Of Football would also ensure United are not overpaying for players United sign.
This is a good reaction by the club owners after a shambolic transfer window where United failed to sign all of their top transfer targets – Jadon Sancho, Jack Grealish, Dayot Upamecano, and Nathan Ake.
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat