On-loan from Manchester United, Tahith Chong is running riots at German side Werder Bremen. Against St. Pauli, Chong scored a brace to guarantee a 4-1 win to Werder. Chong is continuing his brilliant form.
The Dutch winger was loaned out to Werder in search of game-time. He has all the potential in being a decent winger for United but he’s exceeding expectations with his performances.
He was the first to get his name in the scoresheet. Playing on the right-wing, Chong found acres of space as his teammates progressed the ball into the final third. He made a quick run and was left unmarked. When the ball arrived at his feet, his first-touch was shaky but he managed to put the ball behind the net.
Here is a video of the first goal:
His second goal was even better. Werder were up 3-1 and he received the ball in the final third. He dribbled for around 10 yards coming inside from the right-wing and took a shot outside the box.
Here is the video for his second goal:
Chong is performing really good and United fans are finally witnessing his potential. If everything goes at this pace, Chong could make room for himself in United’s starting XI someday.
- Manchester United close to reaching an agreement for star winger Jadon Sancho
- Manchester United want Paul Pogba to stay at Old Trafford
- Axel Tuanzebe set to leave Manchester United on loan
- A look at Scott McTominay’s Euro 2020 journey as Scotland bow out
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s dominant return vs the Czech Republic
- Wayne Rooney eager for the “mouthwatering” clash against Manchester United
- Manchester United confirm four pre-season friendly games including Wayne Rooney reunion
- Manchester United captain feels “confident” after recovering from injury for England’s Group D decider
- Jesse Lingard opens up on “emotional” England snub
- Not playing Jadon Sancho is a bizarre decision from Gareth Southgate